Thread: Ammo alert

Administrator

Ammo alert

Last night as I did my usual internet recon gathering, I came across the site wikiarms. It's pretty much a site showing all calibers of ammo for sale on other sites. The great feature that they have is that they allow you to sign up for email alerts for a particular caliber you are looking for and let you set a price you are willing to pay.

I signed up for .223 sales with a cap of sixty cents a round last night. I received an email this morning for a sale on gandermountain.com about $9.00 (.45 cents a rd) for twenty rounds copper ammo with free shipping to the store. I know its cheaper if you buy in bulk but sales like this help me out because I normally can't afford to plop 2-3 hundred dollars for hundreds of rounds at a time.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

That's a decent sale. Academy here has monarch brass 223 for $8.99, and monarch steel case for $4.99. Cabelas was fully stocked up on federal 5.56 at $9.99 and lots of 223 independence ammunition at 10.99. It seems to be back in stock everywhere now, no .22 anywhere though. Boooooooooo!
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Our GM store has lots of .223 & 5.56 in stock. Prices about the same. They have bulk as well

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    That's a decent sale. Academy here has monarch brass 223 for $8.99, and monarch steel case for $4.99. Cabelas was fully stocked up on federal 5.56 at $9.99 and lots of 223 independence ammunition at 10.99. It seems to be back in stock everywhere now, no .22 anywhere though. Boooooooooo!
    In my AO I was still seeing .223 for double digits for brass. It is nice to see the prices coming back down. For how long who knows? but for the time being, I'm going to stock up now while prices are stabilized.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.