Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate traveling

I hate traveling

Well the time has come. I have to be on a flight to Denver at 11:20 this morning then drive on up to Cheyenne Wyoming. I despise flying, or more to the point I hate going through security at an airport. I can't carry my side arm or even my knife. I end up getting groped by some bastard on a power trip.

I don't like going that far from my normal AO anymore. Makes me nervous. I know I can't close myself off in a little box but I like to stay close to home.

Going out of state messes with my security set up for my family. It is only a 3.5 day trip so I couldn't justify driving out there for it. I will have my head on a swivel and get this crap over with.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Heard that. Last month I had to drive from FL to PA to Philly, then fly from Philly back to FL, over a 4 day period. No CCW, not even so much as a pocket knife. I felt half naked the entire time and couldn't wait to get my tail back to my own AO.

I'll most likely shit myself

Be safe Possum. I used to love to travel around where ever I could. But have never been one to fly if it wasnt neccasary. Anymore I have gotten very route specific and selective as to where I go. Not sure if its caution or just gettin older.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have not flown in a commercial aircraft since about 1995, and doubt I ever will again (TSA). My wife wants to travel when we get older so I am going to have to get my own plane, and my pilots license. Or I might not even get my pilots license. Just get friends to teach me, and then buy my own plane. I am licensed to maintain them so no issues there.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Well we are sitting at the gate waiting on the plane to arrive. Surprisingly security was fairly easy to get through today. No one even groped me!

I even got to keep my lighter. Things are looking up so far.

Well we are here in Cheyenne Wyoming. I am already missing Arkansas. I do believe this will be my last trip up here.

I don't have enough patience to deal with the liberal idiots in Denver and the wanna be cowboys in Cheyenne. I will stick to my little piece of heaven in the ouachita mountains.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad you made it safely. Be safe!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Glad you made it ok, keep your chin up and get back home soon!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Where's the epi?

I totally agree. If I can't drive there within a couple of hours I won't go.
    I apologize for nothing...

Administrator

I travel a lot and it's unnerving for me. If I can drive I will drive. Even though it's unnerving, I try to enjoy my travels. I recon the areas I go to. I try to learn of the so called "bad" areas so I can avoid them, learn areas for resupply and medical centers.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.