Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New outhouse

New outhouse

My wife and I just had our 2nd anniversary. I couldn't think of anything to get her. So I built her something. She grew up old school with her grandparents. They never had indoor plumbing in their house. They used an outhouse. Every time we drive by an outhouse she points it out and comments on it.

So I built her one. Adds to the prep if we lose water for whatever reason and made her happy as well. Still have to get the door hung tomorrow but all the hard stuff is done. Will get a pic up with the door on tomorrow but here is how it looks at the moment.

It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Where's the epi?

That is too funny! Congrats on your anniversary btw. Amazing on how something that would make most women run and scream makes her happy. I was watching Alaska:The Last Frontier and one of them built a new outhouse with a round roof, sort of an oriental look. It was very cool looking, he whipped that thing out in just a day or two. Was amazing.

Good job!
    I apologize for nothing...

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Good job.
    Just because we are peaceful does not mean we have forgotten how to be violent.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

While I'm sure my wife would appreciate a good sturdy outhouse in a grid down situation, I'm afraid I would be murdered if I gave her one for her bday. I've been specifically told pots, pans, aprons, guns, tools, diet pills, workout gear, etc. are NOT gifts.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    While I'm sure my wife would appreciate a good sturdy outhouse in a grid down situation, I'm afraid I would be murdered if I gave her one for her bday. I've been specifically told pots, pans, aprons, guns, tools, diet pills, workout gear, etc. are NOT gifts.
    LOL mine loved her shot gun I got her for Christmas one year. Not sure if its the best idea to give a wife a gun though.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Wife, 2nd anniv., built a shitter together...

How come I get the "other" type of wife? [/jelous]

Congrats!
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    That statement sums up my household.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Bacon saver

I think it's pretty cool, got little "side by side" seats so ya'll can sit and hold hands together and stuff. Now my wife would most definately be the woman to "run and scream" cause she would no way in hell even set foot in an out house.

Did you ever think about that family slider thing with the progressive size holes for the growing behinds? Just a thought..........Great job guys!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

That side by side seating is for her and the little ones. It never fails. If you have to go they have to go as well.

I have yet to get the door on it. We ran trap lines this morning and caught a couple of beaver so that took up most of the morning. Then farm chores then run to get feed. It is never ending on a farm.

My wife is a nurse so blood doesn't bother her. She will work livestock with me and hunt and trap with me. Can skin just about anything as good and as quick as I can. She isn't all tomboy. Gets her hair and nails done quite often and wears a dress on occasion but is not afraid to get muddy. I am a very lucky man. Count my blessing every day.

She likes big trucks.

She loves to cook

I am tellin ya I couldn't get any more lucky!

It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Bacon saver

Well, I guess we're going to have to head over your way so my wife and yours can socialize, (doubt that would happen given current circumstances, but nice thought) maybe they can compare notes. She was a combat medic in the Army. But she's still a girly, girl at heart, hmmmm? You'll never get her to skin a beaver much less pluck a chicken, go figure. You got yourself quite a woman. But so do I, wouldn't trade her for the world. Cool pics brother. Mine would spend the day trying to get the pictures right. Glad we don't have "film" anymore.................thank God for digital, I mean for the guy that invented it. Sorry Lord.

Never did understand why kids wanted to hang out on the toilet........must be a girl thing.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.