I know nobody has openly admitted to having a fall out shelter, but I know a few of you have a plan. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury or access that some of you have, or the knowledge.

But in the highly unlikely scenario that There were a nuclear attack I hope to have a plan. Essentially All I have to work with is a crawl space. It's not much but there is at least an area that I can mostly stand in, but it is in an outside corner, but only about 18 inches of exposed block. This is also the lowest point where water collects to the sump so I would have to expect radiated water. Is it possible to make this mostly radiation proof? In a perfect world it would be completely radiation proof cause of the little one. About the only Idea I have is to build walls from ground to floor and sand bag the sides for extra protection. As far as overhead protection, given enough time all I could really do is just fill the room with furniture. There would be know way out if the house were burned, so that is a downfall.

Any input? I hope to post photos sometime today if I make it down there.