Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New vehicle options

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by adapt619 View Post
    Very good points. Its just not that easy to buy land out here in san diego. Especially land that you can escape to in crisis
    Well, you certainly live in a ah, how can I put it? There ain't shit for ya there, unless you happened to be stationed there. GOD is not making anymore land, ah here that is. So it would behoove you to find you something within range, plan your egress route. Uuuuh but we're talking vehicles right? Better find one that can make it in the SHTF scenario eh? So weigh out the possibilities verses what you can afford. Where you live ain't cheap, I still have a few wayward sons out there and get some intell now and then (it ain't never been good but it's intell) If I'm not helping just tell me to shut up and I'll armchair this one out.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well, you certainly live in a ah, how can I put it? There ain't shit for ya there, unless you happened to be stationed there. GOD is not making anymore land, ah here that is. So it would behoove you to find you something within range, plan your egress route. Uuuuh but we're talking vehicles right? Better find one that can make it in the SHTF scenario eh? So weigh out the possibilities verses what you can afford. Where you live ain't cheap, I still have a few wayward sons out there and get some intell now and then (it ain't never been good but it's intell) If I'm not helping just tell me to shut up and I'll armchair this one out.
    I can afford to live out here, and with the money I have coming my way I can get a new car and be in very minimal debt, which isn't rare in california haha. But I would much rather live comfortably somewhere else. I just don't know how I'm gonna escape

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I can afford to live out here, and with the money I have coming my way I can get a new car and be in very minimal debt, which isn't rare in california haha. But I would much rather live comfortably somewhere else. I just don't know how I'm gonna escape
    If you don't mind me asking what do you do for a living? Reason I ask, is that I am a helicopter mechanic, I work 7 days on and then I have 7 days off. My work provides me with an apartment to live in for free when I am at work. This allows me to live any where I want and just commute to work twice a month. I live in a area with very little decent jobs, but I own 64 acres of land there. Being away from home sucks, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. I also get 24 days a year vacation, so when I take 7 vacation days I actually get 21 days in a row off. So I work just over 150 days a year.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I work construction. I fabricate custom trusses for homes. I work 50-60 hours a week to live in a 1300sq ft home and currently drive a 99 honda civic (first car). Its good money but I bust my ass harder than I would like. If I don't work, I don't get paid. No vacation or sick days.

I work construction. I fabricate custom trusses for homes. I work 50-60 hours a week to live in a 1300sq ft home and currently drive a 99 honda civic (first car). Its good money but I bust my ass harder than I would like. If I don't work, I don't get paid. No vacation or sick days.
    Jobs like yours are available everywhere, at least near decent sized cities. You have lots of options with your job field. Heck I am driving a 96 Saturn SL2 to work. I do have a 4X4 titan, but don't drive it much due to cost of fuel.

Yea I know. There's just a lot of things keeping me tied here right now but I do know that I definitely need to get out of here. I'm thinking texas coast. I do too much ocean fishing to leave the coast

Texas has lots of jobs along the coast. I work out of Brazoria county which is about a hour west of Galveston. It is a 3 hour drive for me to get to work. My work apartment is in Lake Jakeson, which is only about 5 miles from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Texas has lots of jobs along the coast. I work out of Brazoria county which is about a hour west of Galveston. It is a 3 hour drive for me to get to work. My work apartment is in Lake Jakeson, which is only about 5 miles from the airport.
    Thanks man good to know. As soon as I can close up shop here with everything I'm tied into I'm gonna be on my way out. Love san diego, hate california

Bacon saver

I have a High school buddy that I used to surf with that had been out of work for a couple of years. Lived in the Orlando, FL area behind on everything and I guess you could say just refused to make the leap. He'd been there his whole life. Has a friend in the "oil business" who'd been offered him a job for a while. with a lot of pushing, he finally took it. He's happier than a pig in shit, making excellent money, and his dog "pork chop" well I guess he's about ready for buttery fly'n and stuffin. So I guess Texas is still a good place to be. I'm just passing along a success story.

Course it helps when you know the Boss.............
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

A good friend of mine is the manager at a large car dealership in town, he suggests to friends to never buy new. If you want to buy something newer, buy a car/truck a year or two old. It will save you thousands for basically the same vehicle.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton