Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing for entertainment when the SHTF?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

If something does kick off, relaxing with family and friends with be enjoyment enough for me.

But....l also have cards and board games. (I've also bought plenty of coloring books, crayons, markers and notepads for the kids)
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I think WHEN shtf and for a good spell afterwards I'm gonna be too busy for 'entertainment.'

Even when things start to slow down, and the food, shelter and security has been stabilized... Just living and fighting to ensure a seemingly comfortableness will take up a lot of my time... However, in any free time Ian be able to salvage, I think that writing and chronicling our experiences will will provide me with a chance for reflection, which to me will be very soothing and could be considered entertainment. As an artist, creating -whether it be art or craftsmanship- will also be a HUGE boon to the old moral so I guess it could also be considered entertainment.

Further down the road, once the immediacy of needs has been satisfied, and as we adapt to new society cards, chess, and books would also be introduced into my tickle trunk of emotional escapism

Where's the epi?

Reading, games of any and all kinds, crafts of all kinds, painting, drawing, sewing -ok learning how to sew on my beautiful Singer treadle machine, do some writing.
    Funny how things change when there is no tv, internet or modern fun stuff. Not sure how much my sleeping habits will change though, I've been a night owl my entire life. Guess I'll get the night security shift.
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

going to the graveyards and playing the best game of zombie whack-a-mole EVER!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    books, board games, card games... cant think of much more right now. Maybe art...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    going to the graveyards and playing the best game of zombie whack-a-mole EVER!
    I wanna play!!
    I apologize for nothing...

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    One thing I wanted to mention, not sure how many of us here have school-age children, but also make sure you make provisions to help educate your children. I have 3 that I will have to plan for, so figuring basic education materials, all the way up from kindergarten, to high school, a very daunting task on its own. Im thinking math, science, history books, and everything else past that will be "life education"
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

I'll most likely shit myself

I still have all my books from school. The wife has quite a few too. Always look for educational stuff, don't matter the topic.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Im a reader, so, if time permits, theres that.

I enjoy chess, hopefully someone in the group can play with me.

Books, educational materials for the kids..... Along with a healthy dose of Hungry Hungry Hippos and candyland, etc.

Archery is in play, since I can re-use arrows; as is good ol wrist rocket fun.

Maybe a throwback to childhood with some rolly polly critters getting slung down the bore of my pellet gun......
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Card games, checkers, chess, tying flies, sharpening sharp and pointies, etc.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com