Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are you doing for entertainment when the SHTF?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I can make this happen.....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

One thong for sure...having the kids without cell phones xboxes and tv....it Would be a great time to rebuild the family like it used to be when we where kids...back at a kitchen table just holding a discussion will be a great change...maybe getting back to family instead of gadgets. ..wont be so bad after all..The thought of family time bring back might be the time to get back to the real world. ..cant hurt them! Only make them stronger. ..

Walking on Sunshine

DH and I have been collecting old board games, have lots of cards and a book of card games to learn. IF we can run the DVD/VHS player I have a LOT of movies,TV shows not only on DVDs but on VHS tapes. I also have two sets of encyclopedias,Britannia and World Encyclopedia along with a lot of paper, crayons, markers. We have a keyboard, trumpet and guitars (son 2's) and both son2 and I play(not well in my case, out of practice) We have books, like my mom's Nancy Drew's , storybooks,etc and a few old school books from college and high school. We have non electric toys for the kids to play with, we rotate them in and out of the toy box, so they don't get too bored. I'll play chess with ya Izzy. son2 and I do a lighting round of chess every so often. We just move the pieces,no thinking about any strategies just make your move, then he makes a move,etc. So far I'm still one game ahead of him Game is usually over in about 5 mins but it's fun. We did it one year at a Discovery store when they were showing chess sets for sale with invitation to try them out at Christmas time. We inadvertantly drew a crowd around us watching us move the pieces around the board. When he beat me, they started applauding. Needless to say it was fun and my friend at the store said a couple of people bought sets that night.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    Maybe if you want to simulate mortar rounds going off for the hell of it?
    I can do that ; I'll even throw in some native American drum solos to which you can either dance the night away or prep for battle. Or both.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    I can do that ; I'll even throw in some native American drum solos to which you can either dance the night away or prep for battle. Or both.
    War drums. I can dig it.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    I'll play chess with ya Izzy. son2 and I do a lighting round of chess every so often. We just move the pieces,no thinking about any strategies just make your move, then he makes a move,etc. So far I'm still one game ahead of him Game is usually over in about 5 mins but it's fun. We did it one year at a Discovery store when they were showing chess sets for sale with invitation to try them out at Christmas time. We inadvertantly drew a crowd around us watching us move the pieces around the board. When he beat me, they started applauding. Needless to say it was fun and my friend at the store said a couple of people bought sets that night.
    I think when the time does come everyone will become Bobby Fisher. Chess is the best battery and electric free game.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Walking on Sunshine

That and checkers. Think of all the card games our parents and grandparents played. Anybody up for a round of penny ante pinochle or cribbage ?