Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag

Rustic camping only will work...if you cant make it 2 or 3 days. ..practice is the only way....and keeping your stuff together. ..have family drills to see how fast you and your family can get out...keep beating that time every practice...you should be able to bug out in less then 30 min in a worst case senerio. ..
    That that will show you what you have or have forgotten. ..plus you will be less excited. ..and learm not to make to many mistakes. ..and time yo fix the problems. .My kids love it...playing the game...but they also know deep down. ..its a game of safety. ..

Crotch Rocket

I agree with almost all that you're saying here. There is safety in numbers. You'll see that we understand and discuss this regularly. We even have our own networks set up that have stalled simply because I don't know how to best organize and run them. They can be found in the community section under "groups."

Likewise, you'll see that we've had several talks about foraging, rustic camping, and wild edibles.

I'd link examples for you but I haven't figured out how with my phone yet, which leads me back to the intent of my last post. Technology is both a blessing and a curse, so I used the example of store bought foods and wild edibles to ask why you would willingly ignore an available resource, like a book, just because it has a price tag. Paper formats, offline electronics, and online resources all have their place, imo, just as a variety of ppurchased, grown, caught, killed, and collected foods do in my pantry.

So really, I'm just curious why you wouldn't want to use every resource you can?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag

Ty, the intent here was to highlight a certain piece of reading material and give an honest assessment of what I read.

Yes, there are very few new concepts in prepoing, and many things are available at no cost via open source. However, I and many of our members enjoy reading and having a hard copy of some books. This is one piece of literature I'm glad I picked up.

That said, many things you've said I agree with. Be mindful, however, that SHTF means different things to different folks and those folks prepare accordingly. Each situation is different. There all no absolutes when it comes to SHTF.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

Has anyond else picked this up to look at. I'll confess I still haven't yet, much. This time of year is better for me for reading, so I'll be downloading this again soon.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

again... pdf?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Sorry, no. Not me anyway.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!