Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag

Guys, just picked up a copy of this.
    Excellent book.

I was pretty confident that I had a decent grasp on my BOB, until I started reading this book.

The author does a fantastic job of breaking it down very simply, and putting in terms that everyone, new or seasoned, young or old, can grasp.

I was able to identify weaknesses in our bags here and take steps to improve them.

Honestly, I think this is a great book and needs to be in everyone's inventory.

I highly encourage you to pick up a copy and wear it out. Ive alrwady dog-eared the tar out of mine.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

Got an Author and ISBN for us? It'll help if I buy locally. Thanks.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Oops.

Author is Creek Stewart

ISBN-13: 978-1-4403-1874-0
    ISBN-10: 1-4403-1874-3
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Got an Author and ISBN for us? It'll help if I buy locally. Thanks.
    Just like Izzy to tease us with no author until someone asked.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I'll most likely shit myself

Here is a YouTube vid I found about the book.

Crotch Rocket

Interesting...

I got the kindle version, and believe it of not the categories I adapted and expanded upon from "Build the Perfect Survival Kit" very closely mirror Mr. Stewart's. I have dug in too deep yet, but like what I've seen so far so I'll second Izzy's recommendation.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Dang ! Been a prepper now 8 yrs...I sjould have wrote a book...lol
    All this Imfo can be found on google or utube for free...may I suggest Southern prepper 1 . He has been there seversl yrs ..you would have to watch vids from beginning to sell all the good..I wish I was in his shoes because in worst case ...He has ot pinned down...so I would suggest jim over a book and also check his freinds out..I dont Utube much anymore beacause Utube a little to nosey and will take down well needed Imgo..most have moved from there...like Dutchsinse, tattoot reloaded and several more..Facebook already shuttimg fown Chemtrail pages as I saw yesterday. ..Imfo out there just have to look
    The only thing I would add yo this vid is...you have to be more then 1...uou cant do it alone if shtf...find a group like A.N.T.S there very hard to get to know.
    But! If you need help...
    Like gas to get you moving..water, food, etc..
    Now they wont support you its just a leg up to get you out of a tight spot!
    But if you have nothing
    You have nothing. yhe Sheeple wont prevail well if they are asleep!!

Crotch Rocket

Isn't that like saying we shouldnt buy food or store seed because wild edibles can be found outside for free?

Sure, they're worth looking for as part of a well rounded approach, but can you count on them always being available?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I have always said you will need a group to succeed.....but l also feel you and everyone else in that group can't know, plan or prepare to much.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

On the A.N.T.S group there just in case you have to leave your resources behind....always carry a seed bank...if nothing else sprouting seed...you can survive on it...no get your supplies together. ..include that in bug out bag...also barter..if it gets bad you can trade for what uou need...even soap shampo could be a bartet tool
    I buy travel size or save small bottles to fill...shampo.tooth paste. .etc...watet supply a must..I own several berkys..3 sizes and one of the berky small per bug out bag...just in case..it gets expensive. ..but In the long run there worth every penny...as far as wild edibles. ..it very important to learn what to look for...and depends on the weather/ growing season...A.N.T.S is just for emergency. .the way they wotk you will never meet them...but have ways to drop enough at a place ..yo pick up your needs for a day or 2...it eould be worth not sitting wiyh no water...whrn others will help...but ginding a group and get to know them and spend time..its hard to talk to peppers. ..because most wont tslk..they have yhere own familys to care for...you must prep I keep no less them 2 yrs food and seeds...but we will never know what will come
    Just have to think of all things that can happen and do your best to prep for each...nothing is certain...and nothing will be easy...just do the best you can that is all You can do...and pray hard you are doung the right thing...I plan for all or any possible problem...but there is no garentee in anything. .but not planning ...wont work out well...it will be what it is to be... I always wish I knew what that is...One thing to do is turn off your electric for just 2 days...living off grid...then you will rember exactly what you need snd what you forgot. ..camping is a great way yo find out and practice