Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moved...finally.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Moved...finally.

First night in the new (new to me) home. Its cold inside still but l intend to make it work. Baseboard heat only at this point, feels like a training exercise....lol.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Cool, congrats. When we moved into this house it had no heat. We had space heaters in each room.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Thanks Helo, its been empty for a while. I plan to pick up a heater or two. Trying to decide on what type until l get the woodstove.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

I think the Mr. Heater Big Buddy is safe for indoor use, and it runs off 1-100# propane bottles. That or a kerosene heater may be a good choice for heat that's portable, independent of electricity, and with less of a storage footprint than firewood has.

ETA: so it may be a good choice as a tertiary system even after you have the wood stove in. I should probably look at it for myself for a supplement during power outages
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

I guess congrats are in order? Yeah I looked into the Mr. Heater Big Buddy they're fine indoors until you hook a 20lb bottle to it, then you have to go outside. But hey I'm happy for ya! Sorry to hear about the chilly weather.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Yeah actually I think it was you MTR that mentioned the Mr. Heater before and I did a bunch of research on them and found that out. I'm thinking on getting the Big Buddy (I think that's what it was called) But they turn out to be an item that I would spend the money on pretty damn efficient. Thanks for the intell.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I have one of these, just got it this winter... This replaces my Portable Buddy as my emergency heat.

The ProCom has a THERMOSTAT so it regulates desired heat, where the Portable Buddy does NOT.

The ProCom IMHO is also a cleaner burning unit with no smell.

Ive been through THREE Portable Buddy heaters in the last 4 years, something inside goes bad and it wont run on low heat without a lot of flame flutter...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5466_200395466

A 20lb BBQ tank last me about a week running about 12 hours a day as a supplemental heat source, to knock the chill off, etc.. We already had several daze that were below 20.f

HTH,
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Yeah actually I think it was you MTR that mentioned the Mr. Heater before and I did a bunch of research on them and found that out. I'm thinking on getting the Big Buddy (I think that's what it was called) But they turn out to be an item that I would spend the money on pretty damn efficient. Thanks for the intell.
    Well then, you're welcome, even though I don't remember where I brought them up before.

Do the fittings have the potential to leak enough to make a 20# tank dangerous, or is it the size of the tank itself that's considered a problem?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Congrats on the house LB.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ive got the part numbers of the parts I got at Lowes and Northern for hooking up the ProCom heater to a portable LPG tank (20 to 100lb).

All the bags & boxes are down stairs, let me know if you want them and Ill post them up...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"