Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenario: Food supply problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bacon saver

I would say that we are covered for at least a year. However it will get boring after a spell as all foods do. Meat will become an issue with the locals because they will hunt the deer population, I'm afraid they will also hunt the neighbors cattle as well. Situations like this bring out the worst in people. You will find out what kind of animals we truly are.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I believe you are right bwrr. People will start killing other peoples livestock if given the chance. Until farmers start killing the people killing their stock.

Something like that starts I will be bringing most of my stock up into the barns and locking them up every night.

There is a thin veneer of civility over the top of something very ugly. It doesn't take much to crack the veneer. I do not trust people for that very reason.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

One of the reasons we don't have cattle. To hard to keep control over. Chickens, rabbits, ducks and fish are a lot easier to keep secure.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Bacon saver

Good point but I'm not a big fan of those "tasty little morsels" and yes, they will come after the big red meat but they will be wasteful at the same time. Due to fear and stupidity.

If and when it gets to the point of people not being able to buy all the food they want in the store things will go down hill fast. You will have to guard what you have at all times. Your livestock, your garden, and your supplies. Our current laws governing defending property will go out the window. People will start killing other people for stealing from them.

Don't count on being able to harvest wild game. Everyone and their brother will be out there killing anything they see move. The animals that aren't killed will push back into the mountains far enough no one will ever see them. It will get hard quick.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Possom View Post
    If and when it gets to the point of people not being able to buy all the food they want in the store things will go down hill fast. You will have to guard what you have at all times. Your livestock, your garden, and your supplies. Our current laws governing defending property will go out the window. People will start killing other people for stealing from them.

Don't count on being able to harvest wild game. Everyone and their brother will be out there killing anything they see move. The animals that aren't killed will push back into the mountains far enough no one will ever see them. It will get hard quick.
    But he said for this scenario it did not get to that point. In a total melt down, yes all game will be gone, just like during the great depression. Deer had to be imported back to most states after things settled down.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Bacon saver

That was my point. We have a pretty healthy population around here of game. But we also have a popution of those that will come out of the woodwork rapidly to screw that up.

Just want to introduce myself...hello Im tystone48 truther/ prepper

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by tystone48 View Post
    Just want to introduce myself...hello Im tystone48 truther/ prepper
    Welcome Aboard, I hope you find your self at home here. There are a few of us that are "unusual" (me) can't speak for the others. But there is plenty of stuff here to feed off of and your contributions are welcome. Remember.......the only dumb question is the one that was never asked. We do slap each other around a bit but it's only in jest and we don't have anyone here on a "power trip" at least I don't think so. SO just knock yourself out and have fun.

On a side note, you're obviously in the southeast so hunker down. Watch your stuff, pipes, heat, electric, kids, and your assorted stupid people. Be leery of strangers knockin on your door during this situation. Not being paranoid. just this is the time of opportunity.

Be safe.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome to the colony .