Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got lucky on a deer lease

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Got lucky on a deer lease

OK, long story short, I got lucky on a deer lease in Georgia. Too good to pass up. Me and the SIL combined pennies for it. Going up Wednesday to check out a camper on site that is for sale cheap. Be up there til the weekend. It is not primitive camping, but it ain't a Holiday Inn. Lots of planted pines, I know, not conducive to good deer numbers, but sounds good and we are gonna go for it. I will post results. It can be a 365 day BOL. No restrictions on time at the site. Might be my new home. The rules that are posted are thus:

Rule #1 - Do not infringe on another member or their belongings or tree stands or feeders.
    Rule #2 - Do what you want
    Rule #3 - Do it when you want
    Rule #4 - Do not infringe on another member or their belongings or tree stands or feeders.
    Rule #5 - What happens in this camp, stays in this camp. (unless the wives are here.)

Looking for feedback.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I like the rules.

Tomorrow is the day - me and the SIL are gonna go check out the aforementioned camper. I guess a couple other members are gonna meet us up there. Should be fun.

Please bring pictures.

I will. I will make the camera take pics suitable for the site.

What a wasted trip. $158 dollars in gas out the tailpipe. The camper will probably fall down in the next couple weeks. What a POS. The back end is ...well.....falling off. Forgot the camera, but will be going back in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Found a camper here that I want, so I will be get it Monday. The SIL is buying a 4 wheeler. Soon as these two deals are done, we are heading back up. Anybody got an air card for internet? What recommendations do you have? I have Verizon phone, but am not that picky. I would like to have internet, to report in. I will be staying at this site for quite some time.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

ive got one of the verizon mobile hotspots.
    Set Your Location

i have yet to be anywhere that i can't get service.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

OK, the camper was a bad idea. But is the place there OK? With dear potential?

The property is awesome. Lots of potential. We saw a lot of tracks, one being a big buck. Several scrapes alongside the road. Saw two small flocks of turkey. Looking for a camper now to drag up there. Hope to be moved in before Labor Day.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    ive got one of the verizon mobile hotspots.
    Set Your Location

i have yet to be anywhere that i can't get service.
    Verizon phone works well up there. Am I to understand that this phone is an internet device?