I stole this from ArfCom, just thought I would share it! Shout out to Pangea from ArfCom for posting this!

The link has pics of the process. . . http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/6...tutorial_.html

Just in case there is someone out there that hasn't learned this lesson yet, I'm going to show how I pressure can bacon. This isn't the only way to do it; I'm sure, but it's the way that I do it so here goes.

Wide mouth jars are mandatory.

The first roll is the hardest because you kind of have to judge your sizes on the fly. The length of the unbleached parchment paper, the amount of bacon, etc. I use Wrights Apple Smoked Bacon because it's what I like. It's thick and holds together good throughout this process. Keep the bacon cold and firm or it will stretch and make it difficult to lay out properly.

Roll out about 24" of parchment and lay about 16" of bacon on it.

Cut some half sheets of parchment a few inches longer than your row of bacon and cover one half of the row. Fold the row over on itself as pictured.

Roll the sheet of bacon up as tight as reasonably possible. It doesn't have to be uber tight, just don't have voids in the roll because that wastes space. This is where you do your final adjusting of the lengths you will use, paper/bacon.

Stuff into the jar. I place it with the open end of the roll up. YMMV

Place as many jars into your PRESSURE CANNER as will fit. Fill the pot to the shoulders of the jars but watch out for the jars wanting to float. There is less displacement with bacon than with jars of liquids. I add a tablespoon of white vinegar to my water to keep the greasiness down and to keep the pot from getting as discolored inside.

When the canner reaches the pressure best suited for your elevation, let it run for 90 minutes. After the cycle is completed and the jars cool (next day is a sure thing for safety), remover the rings and wash the jars and rings in warm soapy water, dry everything and replace rings.

Put the jars in a dark pantry and you will have good bacon for years that needs no refrigeration. I take mine from the jar and place it in a pan then bake it in the oven to crisp it before end use. The bacon is cooked already in the jar but not crisp.

Hope I haven't bored y'all.

Enjoy.