Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a few kind words

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Domeguy, thank you and all of you so much.Hope all is well with you. rob don't think that would help their step is a local cop and ex military, but it might get you a few dates though,LOL. We're doing fine kids were looking and acting much better, not so closed off.Counseling has been helping but we fear the ex has convinced the counselor that son is on witch hunt AND the kids think she "tells" on them and they get in trouble at home. Son fears they are shutting down with the counselor because of that.I can't tell you how much this has helped, just knowing there are caring people out there.
    Willie thank you, glad to see you back too.
    I sincerely hope we all have a Great New Year. May it be a d**m sight better than last year.
    LHK will try to get a hold of you soon.
    Call when you get time and we can catch up.
    I apologize for nothing...

Premium Member
    This Christmas and New Year was tough around our house and not a happy one. I caught that that terrible flu going around and was flat of my back on Christmas day....the sickest I've been in 25 years since I seldom get sick. Then while trying to get my strength back, our chocolate lab got sick which the Vet said was a severe urinary tract infection (UTI). After spending $400. on doctor visits and medicine in the past two weeks at the local Vet, she started acting very lethargic Friday night and then collapsed Sat. morning at the foot of our bed where her bed is. I picked her up and we rushed her to the animal hospital in the next town over and the doctor discovered she had a very large tumor on her spleen and it had ruptured. There was nothing they could do....she was dying right in front of us as we hugged and kissed her. Needless to say, I had to make the hardest decision that I've ever had to make. She would have been 15 years old this Friday and I've had her since she was 9 weeks. She was from a fine bloodline from a friend of mine and was pick of the litter back in Feb. 2000. She was an amazing companion and best friend and we miss her so much!! She could climb trees after squirrels (in her younger days), she knew how to dive in 5 feet of water and pick up scallops and sea shells and bring them back to the boat, she went everywhere with us. She's been to Yellowstone, Utah, Montana, and even hiked on Mt. Rainier with us. I could go on and on about her amazing life with us. It's weird around the house now without her and hard to believe she's gone. :-( She was truly my best friend.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I'll most likely shit myself

Sorry to hear about your dog Willie. Losing one is very tough. One you've had that long in particular.

For the Love of Cats

That sucks Willie, sorry for your loss!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Where's the epi?

My sympathies are with your family. The pain will never really go away but neither will your wonderful memories. I hope that some day your memories will bring less and less of the pain and more of the joy you had during her life with you.
    I apologize for nothing...

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I'm so sorry Willie. To others, they are just animals, but to us, they are more. They are family, companions, and our best friends. What was her name?

Walking on Sunshine

Willie,
    I am so sorry It's very hard to lose a wonderful friend like that.