View Poll Results: Where Do You Buy Your Gear?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazon

4 26.67%
  • Brick and Mortar

3 20.00%
  • Other internet retail sites

5 33.33%
  • Craigslist/Yardsales

3 20.00%
  • All the above

9 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Where do you buy your gear?

Administrator

Where do you buy your gear?

When shopping for items other than groceries, where do you buy your items? I'm curious to see where people buy their supplies from. Point of this thread is to introduce each other to businesses we may have not heard about. Please answer the poll and feel free to chime in on your choice.

I rarely buy any big items from brick and mortar stores anymore. I price check through Amazon and usually end up buying most of my items from Amazon.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

I'll most likely shit myself

I look long and hard for most anything I purchse. Although a good deal of my stuff comes from ebay or craigslist. I will pick up whatever I can where ever I find it. Sometimes hardware stores can hold some nice stuff. Antique stores as well.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 06-04-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I get stuff on the interwebs, and ifi can find it at a mom and pop, I'll get it there. I've taken stuff off people's hands that they weren't using or upgraded if it suits my needs. My group of people don't wear out tactical, and survival gear.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I will get mine anywhere that I can find it, I look around for the best price of course, but if they are all comparable, then I will get it where I can! Yard sales around here are particularly good due to the large amount of military and retired military that resides in the area, so gearwise, Im always lucking onto something!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bi-Mart, Sportsmans Warehouse, Fishermens Supply (guns and ammo too), Cabelas, Amazon, eBay, Coastal Farm Supply (better quality tools than Home Depot), tractor and farm implement stores are the nearest Stihl and Husqvarna full dealer shops around here, Home Depot, Lowes, Midway, Powder Valley, Wideners, then direct on the web from stores such us Ready Made Resources.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Wherever I can, mostly. I got some friends who no longer need some stuff, and got it from them. Get some from mom and pop shops, and get some from the 'net. Occasionally find stuff at the big name stores.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

I get some things from Amazon because I get paid in gift certificates from survey sites. If paying with my own money, it is usually EE or places like Farm and Fleet. Things that pop up on craigslist are few and far between in my area, and anything relating to guns usually start off at list price or better, and then you have to sit there and reason with them. It usually doesn't work.

Where do you buy your gear?

Online, wallyworld, garage sales, 10-2 distributors, amazon, and a few others. Mainly wherever I find the deals. I find if you act friendly and show your face two to three times a week you become a regular and treat the owner to some lunch and you usually gain a discount for being a friend.

Administrator

Usually the only thing I find off Craig's list are the white water containers with the metal grate on them. For some reason the name eludes me at the moment When I get settled in at my new duty location I want to do a rain water collection system. That is if it's not illegal.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I get gear form everywhere. A lot of my personal field gear has been custom made in the past. Other staples I pick up at Walmart, surplus shops, or EBAY.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.