Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline storage?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Im about to go fill everything up again. Got a feeling we're about to get sodomized at the pump.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Bacon Spam

great minds must think alike I'm currently rotating 6 month old gas right now

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I go through so much gas and diesel that it doesn't get a chance to get very old any more. I filled all my cans up last week, and they are all empty this week. I need to get a big tank at the house to use to fill up my tractor.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

The hot sexy one

Might be where I buy gas , but my gas storage woes are showing up in two strokes.....A week in an unsealed container , Regular plastic gas jug ...You will pull your guts out starting a chainsaw or weed eater, make a fresh batch and it starts fine...I am now only mixing what I can use in a couple days.....

I had posted elsewhere about having problems with stored gas and two strokes, using a stored batch for two stroke mixing the gas goes bad faster, within one or two days.

I only store premium fuel for the small motors...no ethanol.

Of course, our big vehicles are diesel..

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleShooter View Post
    Might be where I buy gas , but my gas storage woes are showing up in two strokes.....A week in an unsealed container , Regular plastic gas jug ...You will pull your guts out starting a chainsaw or weed eater, make a fresh batch and it starts fine...I am now only mixing what I can use in a couple days.....

I had posted elsewhere about having problems with stored gas and two strokes, using a stored batch for two stroke mixing the gas goes bad faster, within one or two days.
    Never had that issue. Only two stroke I have is my chainsaw, so a half gallon will last a long while. I just had to refill my 2 stroke gas can and that gas that was in it was at least 6 months old and it worked just fine.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

I have a weed what ker, blower, and chain saw I am r7 nong on a mix. I drained 2 gallons out of my step dad boat tank last fall. It's still running well. It was 100% gas till I put the 50:1 oil in it.

I have no idea how old my gas in the tank of my chainsaw and its small can (1 gallon) is. It always starts right up (an Echo) but I don't run it long, rarely using a tank for some tree trimming.

I always have stabilizer (Pri-G) in the cans when I fill them up....the fuel I use in small engines is ALWAYS stabilized.

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    I use non ethanol, premium gas, with PRI-G. Repeat treatment once a year.

Used stored gas that was two years old and had no problems. (2011 Ford Expedition and 1979 Jeep Grand Cherokee)

Bob
    III