Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw feeding pets

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

sorry guys, had some stuff come up.

Basically, you are looking for balance over time. Your feeding ratios should be somewhere in this ballpark:
    80% meat, sinew, ligaments, fat
    10% edible bone
    5% liver
    5% other organ meat

When I do my shopping, I normally pick up chicken backs, necks, legs, and thighs. I also look for gizzards, hearts, and liver.

One day, she might get a couple thighs. Another day she may get some liver, backs, and legs.

You're just looking for balance.

Watch their poo. If you are giving too much bone, it will appear that they are having a hard time passing. Just feed more meat. If it's too loose, feed more bone. It's not crazy rocket surgery. You will notice that the stools are more compact and with the bone mixed in, will be firmer. Don't sweat the bones, they need the calcium.

Here's a great resource that explains it rather well.
    http://rawfeddogs.org/rawguide.html

hope this helps.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Awesome info, Izzy. Thanks

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

No problem
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.