Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great find

I'll most likely shit myself

Great find

I made a excellent discovery this afternoon. Was out mowing and stopped to talk to one of my neighbors. During our discussion on various topics things came around to the current state of affairs in our country. He got a funny look on his face and came off with" I guess you could call us preppers" (him, son, daughter, parents, who live next door to him). I started laughing and told him that I had been trying to figure out how to approach him about the topic. Further planning is being made, needless to say. 5 next door and two brothers and their families within 1 mile. Makes me feel much better.

Bacon saver

Well ain't that some shit. Now you can get your little group together, eh? I think that's great, you guys can compare notes, maybe he can help you get that damn antenna up!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well ain't that some shit. Now you can get your little group together, eh? I think that's great, you guys can compare notes, maybe he can help you get that damn antenna up!
    Come on River Rat ; you know you're gonna get that antenna up to Specs. for B.P. Because you're not giving bragging rights to no one else.
    Personally I'd do the same and only slightly rub it in.

Sorry B.P. ; gotta be honest son.

Rat, I will get the antenna up at some point. I was hoping to have it up in the spring and that just didnt work out for various reasons. It will get up at some point later this year (I hope). The hold up is trying to get my grape arbor installed. The far end of the antenna is gonna be mounted on one of the post. Gotta wait till our grapes are finished so I can tear out my old set up and put the new design in.

Gettin razzed don't bother me. I know I'm slow at gettin stuff done. Wife tells me that all the time. . I'd expect no less from you two.

CC Gray Panther
    You're not slow son. You're in low gear . That way you can trudge through anything and still get the job done.
    Last edited by eagle326; 06-29-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Bacon saver

Hmmmmmm, all ya needs a dozer...........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    OOOOOH!!! Now I'm gonna have some serious Dozer dreams tonight! Nothing like being in the saddle again.

Havin a dozer would be sweet for 4 to 5 future projects. They would suren go faster.

CC Gray Panther
    ooh ;ooh I wanna play.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Time to get some Bofang radios programmed to MURS and set a PL on a specific channel and use it for E-COMS! Every house gets a radio, that frequency is only broken for emergency communications. SHTF comes in all shapes and sizes.

Just the other day we lost power for several hours because a dozer pushed a tree into a power line somewhere near... I left work early to come set the gen up and keep the reefer cold. That, was a SHTF moment... small and short, but it was one in my book.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"