Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the furthest you've ever walked?

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    Hats off to RedJohn... that is an amazing story!
    Well, I personally think that I made a couple bad decisions and got lucky during the whole process. I do enjoy thinking about it since I got out of it alive. Maybe when the 30 years gag order elapse completely and if I am still alive and I surely hope that I will be in 2017, I will write the book I always wanted to do.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    Well, I personally think that I made a couple bad decisions and got lucky during the whole process. I do enjoy thinking about it since I got out of it alive. Maybe when the 30 years gag order elapse completely and if I am still alive and I surely hope that I will be in 2017, I will write the book I always wanted to do.
    I'd buy it...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'll most likely shit myself

Damn RJ! Glad it worked out for you.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

fun stuff! RJ, I'll buy the book.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Me too! Amazing experience. And thanks for your service RJ.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

Me three! Be sure and include an e-book version. I think by 2017 they should be selling very well.
    THANK YOU for your service.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

A plane meeting a secret agent type guy and then getting shot down in badguy territory.......that gives me an idea.....

If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

you should just start asking around here for creative writing inspiration. I forsee the next couple stories involving Izzy and RedJohn saving Miller's ass.LOL
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    you should just start asking around here for creative writing inspiration. I forsee the next couple stories involving Izzy and RedJohn saving Miller's ass.LOL
    I do have have interesting stories. However, in my time to listen to a conversation, we had to go inside and bug the place. Now, it is too easy and a lot less adrenaline flowing. In my time USSR was still alive and kicking. My more recent action as a PMC is so commonplace that there is nothing extraordinary to tell. Except maybe for the suicide bomber that killed 5 of my teammates so close to me that my ears are still ringing today.

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    As I was going through older posts, I ran across this gem, and it brought up memories from long ago.

Back in '75, i was in an Infantry unit at Ft Lewis, WA.

After an FTX at Yakima Firing Center, our Battalion Commander thought that it would be a really good idea for the entire Battalion to hump it back to Ft Lewis, over the Cascade Mtns.

We were first ferried by Chinooks to the foothills, and then away we went.

The short of it was it took ten days. Dunno what the mileage was, but it was a grinder! Imagine, a whole Battalion of grunts humping through the Cascades with LBE, weapons and Steel Pots.

Oh yeah, and to top it off, the ending was a 5 mile run, in formation, with above equipment on.

Remember those Jody songs?

Fun Times!

Bob
    III