Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LadyHK's "Cock-a-Doodle-Condo"

CC Gray Panther
    Did river Rat marry Lizzie Borden ? RUN BWRR RUN!!!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Most breeds of roosters are mean. That is the main reason we picked the breed we have. Black Austrolorp roosters are not at all aggressive. We have had over 100 roosters in our time and only one was mean. It attacked my wife once and got cooked that night, but the other 99 or so have never shown any aggression. Wish you where closer I could give you some.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Did river Rat marry Lizzie Borden ? RUN BWRR RUN!!!
    I didn't do the hatchet job! BWRR did that part but I stayed right there and didn't run and hide or scream like a girl. There was a discussion of whether the bird should be facing ya in the cone or away from ya. I thought it should be facing us, he said no so he won since he was the one cutting its head off.
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

the cone?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Most breeds of roosters are mean. That is the main reason we picked the breed we have. Black Austrolorp roosters are not at all aggressive. We have had over 100 roosters in our time and only one was mean. It attacked my wife once and got cooked that night, but the other 99 or so have never shown any aggression. Wish you where closer I could give you some.
    My girlfriend bred these for me and she has never had a mean rooster. This guy was over at my sisters with 60 other mostly males inside and he got beat up pretty badly (blinded in one eye, feathers on his neck and tail gone) and he was swinging his head around in circles like crazy - which I didn't see until after I brought him home. I thought I could save him and get him healthy again but evidently he had a brain injury too which caused seizures and made him mean.

We are going to breed another one for me and I will hand raise him so it should be fine. Now I have a problem with a girl eating eggs. Yesterday since they were locked out of their nesting boxes until we got Luis ready one of them dropped an egg off a roosting bar and it cracked so they went crazy eating it. Today I found an egg on the floor of the coop that was broken open and eaten. Geeze, this chicken stuff is hard!

For the Love of Cats

Cannibalism??? You got Zombie Chickens girl!!! Lock and Load!!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    the cone?
    Yes, placed him in the cone and I had him facing us but BWRR said to turn him around so he ended up cutting through the spine first instead of the jugulars and then hitting the spine to cut the head the rest of the way off. Not sure which is the correct way but I thought the vids I watched showed cutting from the front. Maybe it doesn't matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Cannibalism??? You got Zombie Chickens girl!!! Lock and Load!!
    I hope it doesn't continue or I'll have to figure out who is doing it and off with her head. I hope I'm not going to lose all of them because of this.

For the Love of Cats

throw a game cam in there. may have to sift through a whackload of pics of the rest of them knitting, doing crosswords and sudoku to find the culprit, but may be worth it.

got a link to this cone thing... not following.

Where's the epi?

Attached the cone to a tree, put chicken in head down, cut head off with knife

I'll most likely shit myself

Try and figure out the egg eater quickly. It's hard to stop once they start and they LOVE egg yolks and will eat the shells to.

My grandpa just used an ax or hachet on a stump. Whack and it's done.