Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard an interesting conversation on the HF band this morning

Bacon saver

Heard an interesting conversation on the HF band this morning

As I was scrolling through the freqs this morning I ran across a conversation that grabbed my attention. There were approx. 3 persons engaged in traffic using terminology that I was highly familiar with.......MILITARY. I will not give up what band or freq. for OPSEC sake but these gents were engaged in setting up their net. Apparently they had been at it for a bit, as in two of them had gear they had been working on for a while and were helping the other. All terms they were using were classified to their "business" at hand. All I can say is "BZ" brothers! Keep up the good work and God Speed in your mission. They had their shit wired tight as far as not letting the old Rat not getting too much intell but.........I will be listening. They might come in handy and helpful later. So I'm posting this as 1. A little incentive for us and. 2. To let everyone know that there is more of us out there. AND 3. WE ARE BEHIND THE POWER CURVE!

THAT IS ALL.............OUT!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I just set up my hamstick dipole, will be on the air tonight...
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Bacon saver

OUtstanding brother! Granted you'll be on CW, pm me and we'll coordinate a freq. you can dit dot dash me and I'll give you a voice check. We'll coordinate on the phone. At least we'll know we have the capability for slapping each other like little girls.

Checking ebay for a mic that will work with the Ten Tec 544, not having much luck... Am looking more for other compatible mics... Wish me luck! (What I have found so far, is $$$)

I have a few "CB" mics, if I can find one that is the right impedance and will work, that would be that much better... I think I still need a 1/4" stereo plug to wire it up...

Working on it BR, working on it...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

I'll most likely shit myself

Good catch Rat.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Good job Rat! Im looking thru that freq list you gave me working on what you told me to do, will report back results later!

Good to know theres others of the same mindset out there!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bands were pretty dead, with the exception of some 40M CW...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Checking ebay for a mic that will work with the Ten Tec 544, not having much luck... Am looking more for other compatible mics... Wish me luck! (What I have found so far, is $$$)

I have a few "CB" mics, if I can find one that is the right impedance and will work, that would be that much better... I think I still need a 1/4" stereo plug to wire it up...

Working on it BR, working on it...

EB
    I found that radio shack has the 1/4" plugs, both mono and stereo. Don't know what's required for yours. Had to go there for the female plugs to do some wiring for the coop. The solar kits from Harbor freight have 12v lights but they have 1/4' mono plugs. So I needed to create a recepticle so I can plug in four lights. Now that I see your radio I can understand the delema. No sweat EB I just hope nothing happens on the 11th and we don't lose our grids.............it would be a shitty day

My coleman gear and AK are certified EMP proof... Might be the best thing that ever happened to the family, you never know!! (No more Netflix, AC or cell phones... Might be like living on Walton's Mountain!) I *might* finally get some quite time!

I just got some of the PVC playing cards from Max, that one deck should last me the rest of my short life remaining here... :-)

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Bacon saver

I needed that laugh, good night Jim Bob, good night Mary Ellen...............

Question?????What's your elevation and do you have any obstructions? I'm at 960ft and on an unobstructed ridge so I'm in real good shape.