Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizing into groups

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Ok now what if they refuse to leave? The father stands begging and pleading for food and shelter for his family while having nothing to contribute?

Or even better, what happens when the group of offroading hillbillies who got stuck decide that what you have should belong to them? Do you invite them to stay or take your chances being judge Judy and executioner?
    I think that the second group would learn very quickly that they are in an area they shouldnt be in. After all, when it comes to life and death, there are those who think about what they should do, and there are those that know what they must do. having served my country now for as many years as I have, I have no issues with being Judge Judy and Executioner.

As for the father of the family begging and pleading, with nothing to bring to the table, then no, there is no admittance here either. A good father knows he must provide for his family, and keep them safe, the inability to do so, well, why would I allow that mindset into a group of people who think the exact opposite? It becomes a festering cancer, of give me, support me, I want what I should have, and I dont have to do anything to get it...yea, not going to happen here.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

^ Agreed! And well put stormy!

I haven't served my Country, but I have been a hunter all of my conscious life, and I see that group of hillbillies no different than a pack of coyotes, feral cats or some other vermin needing eradication.

That father is probably the same fucker who laughed at me today for buying 12 boxes of cereal for the pantry, because they were on a wicked sale. " The store will still be here next week!"
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^ Agreed! And well put stormy!

I haven't served my Country, but I have been a hunter all of my conscious life, and I see that group of hillbillies no different than a pack of coyotes, feral cats or some other vermin needing eradication.

That father is probably the same fucker who laughed at me today for buying 12 boxes of cereal for the pantry, because they were on a wicked sale. " The store will still be here next week!"
    One doesnt have to be a professional soldier to be willing to dispatch a feral animal threatening the flock. Its all a manner of mechanics, (point, pull the trigger, move onto the next one) Past that, the human factor doesnt come into play because its nothing more than taking out a predator as far as I am concerned. So, as you say, its vermin needing eradication. I would say that your ability, because of this, is as equal to mine when it comes to that. "It is what it is".

And yes, that father laughing at you in the supermarket for stocking up on staples, will more than likely be the one begging for your supplies in the end. I see no need in taking from those who have prepared for an SHTF event, and giving to those who have not.
    As a somewhat warped side note----If there was single men in the group, I would entertain the possibility of allowing the wife to join our group, knowing that she would be leaving her husband to fend for himself. And if there was children involved, I would even allow them to come in. But the wife would have to understand, that in doing so, she would have to be willing to take one of the single men (of her choosing) as her husband and follow all the rules of the group. The man she chooses would of course be responsible for the care and feeding of his new family. So its somewhat of a double edged sword, the man gains a partner, but also gains more responsibility because now he must also feed and take care of her and possibly her children as well. Hard choices on both sides, but also, shows how dedicated you are to surviving.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Me being less experienced, I guess I need to stay in my AO, as I don't really want to be cannon fodder.

I certainly understand the point, I think I might use different standards to decide who would be cannon fodder.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

For the Love of Cats

ok guys, enough of the religious confrontations. Kesephist you make good points, and I agree in that I also do not believe in organized religion... but do believe in something. And as a distant hero of Stormy once coined: " There are no Atheists in a foxhole"

enough said.

Unfortunately, most of the people that I would welcome into my group with open arms are thousands of miles away, and baring advance notice, not likely to show up for the party. So, I do have a few friends and neighbours who know I prep and I would welcome in, albeit somewhat begrudgingly, as they would bring nothing with them save appetites... but they do have some skills, and could be taught others. The mrs and I could manage the throw back to the 1800's easy enough, it's the defending 24/7 for the first month or 6 that would be exceptionally difficult.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Me being less experienced, I guess I need to stay in my AO, as I don't really want to be cannon fodder.

I certainly understand the point, I think I might use different standards to decide who would be cannon fodder.
    I lol;ed at this GunFixr, mainly because you would never be cannon fodder. Im referring to the type of person who I would have no choice but to take in, but in nothing but a drain on resources. By your presence here alone, that means you wouldnt be a drain on resources because you bring knowledge, skills, and mindset to the table. Hope this clarifys my position.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

Ok. Reading it, it looked like a "no military and no combat experience means cannon fodder".
    I understand a group could end up taking in some who end being useful for little more than cannon fodder, it just seemed you required the combat experience, or else.

I was like, wow, guess i better keep my distance, or be prepared to win everywhere you sent me.

Come to think of it, I can think of some people now who are little more than cannon fodder.

Its kind of funny, welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we herr pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes, lol.

For the Love of Cats

A couple of my best friends are assholes! But they're my kind of asshole.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Ok. Reading it, it looked like a "no military and no combat experience means cannon fodder".
    I understand a group could end up taking in some who end being useful for little more than cannon fodder, it just seemed you required the combat experience, or else.

I was like, wow, guess i better keep my distance, or be prepared to win everywhere you sent me.

Come to think of it, I can think of some people now who are little more than cannon fodder.
    Wow, I never thought to think it would have been interpreted in such a way to be honest. If I offended you in some point with that idea, I do apologize, was not my intent.

As for what I meant, let me see if I can expound in it in a little bit more depth. If theres people who by trick or by trap, somehow end up with our group, who are not part of my "circle" or part of my "network", have zero applicable skills nor the mindset, willingness or compunction to contribute to the overall well-being of the group as a whole, then yes, they are first on my list for cannon fodder. People who pose a security risk, those who intent is to turn a SHTF into a Renaissance Fair reunion where everyone gets along, we all drink grog, smoke pit, dress like hippys, and enjoy the times without technology, and we all live peaceably til we die peacefully, yet they dont contribute any sweat equity, positive input, and insist on living off of the sweat and determination of others... Yea, they die first. Theres too many of us that are working our ass's off currently to put food up, building up ammo reserves, training on weapons proficiency, farming, animal husbandry, solar, and all the other myriad of things that need to be done... to be dealing with a drain on resources like a non-productive, or disruptive person who by total accident, ended up attached to our group.

GunFixr, I seriously doubt you fit ANY of the descriptors I listed. Grog drinker maybe... but thats probably it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    A couple of my best friends are assholes! But they're my kind of asshole.

lol
    Hell, most if not all of my friends are assholes, but they sure as hell pull their share of the wagonload. So I guess that means they are my kind of asshole too!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,