Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Day Of Wrath by William Forstchen

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Found out why Amazon takes so long...

HA! Good one ST!
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Bacon saver

Wish it was in hardback LadyHK and I have an extensive library. We love to turn pages as well, looks like ours will be here on the 10th. Really looking forward to it but I have to finish another Clive Cussler I'm in the middle of. I see James Wesley Rawles has another one out "Liberators" but it's not getting to good of reviews. I still haven't read Expatriates yet so I'll have to grab that one. Anyone read "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it?"
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Wish it was in hardback LadyHK and I have an extensive library. We love to turn pages as well, looks like ours will be here on the 10th. Really looking forward to it but I have to finish another Clive Cussler I'm in the middle of. I see James Wesley Rawles has another one out "Liberators" but it's not getting to good of reviews. I still haven't read Expatriates yet so I'll have to grab that one. Anyone read "How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it?"
    BWRR, glad to hear you got Day of Wrath coming. Depending on where you are in the Clive Cussler book, you may want to take a break and read Day of Wrath when you get it on the 10th since it's such a quick read. It gets moving quick and draws you into the story. My new ones I ordered came in already on Monday and I'm passing them out to some family and friends to read.

As far as Rawles books, I have not read any of his others after Patriots. Seems most others have not gotten good reviews after he wrote Patriots.
    How to Survive the End of the World as we Know it looks interesting though, so might have to order that one.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    Hey Bob,

Without saying too much, what did you think of the last chapter (14)? I wasn't expecting it and I'm afraid it's all too real. We can give a few more days or weeks and then discuss it more.

And, You nailed it, it is intense and graphic!

- - - Updated - - -

Sniper, what are the issues with you getting a paper back version from Amazon? I would be glad to mail you one of mine (I just ordered 3 more copies from Amazon) although it might take 3 months to cross the border.
    I will just say that the last chapter is predictable and is just what TPTB would do.

Bob
    III

Bacon saver

Willie, I thought his second two were good reads as well. Everyone has opinions, it's up to you ya know? Bout the only time I get to read is when I have to go to appts. But sometimes I get a book that I can't put down and you know the rest of the story.

Now as for Bob........... "What mean "TPTB" Rambo?"

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    "What mean "TPTB" Rambo?"
    Rat, your google fu is weak little grasshopper...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=TPTB

HTH,
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square
    Willie, I thought his second two were good reads as well. Everyone has opinions, it's up to you ya know? Bout the only time I get to read is when I have to go to appts. But sometimes I get a book that I can't put down and you know the rest of the story.

Now as for Bob........... "What mean "TPTB" Rambo?"
    TPTB = The Powers That Be.

Rambo, I am not.

Bob
    III

Bacon saver

Well thank you for the education gents. Due to the constant change in definitions and alphabet soup acronyms are like tornados. Same letters different meanings. So I have to ask these young soldiers and sailors as they spew things at me nowadays with their "experiences" in the world. JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

As Bob Dylan said....."For the times they are a changin"

Bacon saver

Just Finished it! Two days....scenario HIGHLY probable! Heavy sigh........recommendations buy it, read it! Sensory overload for some, prepper over drive for others, just read the damn thing! Whew, Chapter 14 just what I would expect him to do that fuck!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Chapter 14 to do, what?

I still need to get the book.
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"