Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 phone was good to me tonight!

Bacon saver

OK sounds good as long as the crickets don't start up again. But I think we're safe, cold weather is upon us. I guess it's just us three that will save the country and coordinate the revolution, HOO-YAH!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    If all else fails... carrier pigeon!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Bacon saver

Well all I got's Crows and Buzzards. Crows are lucky enough to be around because I do like to shoot them due to them eating my deer's corn. And that is my SHTF food staple, hell I'll have a hard enough time fighting off humans from them. Now try to teach a Crow or a Buzzard to fly round trip to Sleepy Hollow then I would be famous. I guess we should stick to the mission at hand. He, he....

Thinks it might be German

Just read this entire thread.... All I understood was shooting crows.
    I really Need to learn this HAM stuff.
    Got a Wouxun KG-UV3D a few years back and I'm not even sure how to turn it on. Had grand ambitions of using it as an entry level hand held.... Oh well...The best laid plans....
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    If all else fails... carrier pigeon!
    Bang! Pigeon tastes like chicken!

Which taste like ca...

never mind, you know!

meow-wich!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by slowz1k View Post
    Just read this entire thread.... All I understood was shooting crows.
    I really Need to learn this HAM stuff.
    Got a Wouxun KG-UV3D a few years back and I'm not even sure how to turn it on. Had grand ambitions of using it as an entry level hand held.... Oh well...The best laid plans....
    I looked up your radio. You have a good radio and your "best laid plans" are good to go! You have the capabilities of doing many things my brother. You can monitor your LEOs and emergency services. You can even transmit and receive between 136-174MHz and 350-470MHz. The more expensive brands like Yaesu, Kenwood, ICom don't have those capabilities, they've been neutered by the FCC. They limit Transmission to 144-148MHz (2 meter)and 430-450MHz (70 centimeter bands). But this gives you a broad range of frequencies to choose from for a comm plan. Off the grid a little bit.........

You know you can get up to 60miles out of those little puppies with right antenna? I started off with a handheld Yaesu FT-60. I don't have like, a whole bunch of them now but. I have what I think I need. Been doin a lot of tinkerin.

For the Love of Cats

What about a Rino 130 by garmin, with a gmrs? useful??
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    ANYTHING is more useful than NO radio!!

I prefer frequencies that are not in common use... FRS and GMRS are the MOST common, since they are sold EVERYWHERE.

MURS is a different animal, hardly no one knows of it's exsistance so I pick it. Hope to have mobile to base comms via MURS as soon
    as I can get another radio for base station.

As it is, I have 1 mobile and 4 HTs all setup with MURS, in addition to a multitude of 2M and other freqs.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

may be in trouble

I have this http://www.arrl.org/graphical-frequency-allocations as a reference to frqs... can't find a prosaic simple numbers listing of frqs for Tech for my efforts. Still casting an scouring about for a mobile that won't burst my skinny ass wallet like a toy balloon. Dual bands in plenty, but in UHF/VHF pairs. No VHF/HF pairings. Would not doubt there are likely triband and even quad bands (guessing, but HF/VHF/low UHF/high UHF?) but I got one look at a triband and backed away top scalded-arse-cat speed.

Is it impolitic/just not done, General, to inquire what rig you were using for this quality of 40m phone performance?

may be in trouble

General bein license level not military rank.

Said license level now mine as of 6/15/16. Wore those damned flashcards OUT.

Soon as I get something that will allow me to make good use of the 131.2' band...