Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
You should do a video on how to run a smoker like that! Ive seen them at WalMart here, but didnt give it a second glance because I know nothing about them... other than I am interested. EB
it's easy to do. i had 50/50 Duo Grill. it didn't get used that much. it had size issues. LOL i looked at getting the bigger one, but with only me, the smaller one was fine. i got it a wallyworld for $70 on sale, i think. i did a few mods to it, lengthened the chimney inside, made a bigger grate to hold charcoal/wood and added a heat plate coming out from the firebox. works really good. as for a video? really? isn't that your department? LOL i take crappy pictures. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
Nice smoke r8ng. That'll be some killer eatin.
thanks. it is/was. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
Just right.... I keep saying I have to get one of those smokers. I was just looking at a Traeger at Costco, its the lazy mans way of smoking. Do you only use charcoal or do you use wood too?
man, i looked the name up, more than i want/need too spend on a smoker. i have thought about building one from an old propane tank. i just have no use for one that big. i use both. the only problem with this particular model, the the space for ashes isn't that big. so i end up cleaning it out once or twice for a long smoke. been thinking about cutting the bottom out of the firebox and making a deeper box, with a door for the ashes. it's only a $70 dollar smoker, take the basic design and improve and then make my own.