Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Goals

Premium Member
    In 2015 my plan is to:

Continue long term food storage along with other essential preps.
    Learn how to use my dehydrator.
    Build and plant 4 raised bed gardens.
    Build green house.
    Get more "off the grid" ready and get whole house generator installed (especially living in hurricane country).
    Exercise more and stay healthy.
    Definitely do more fishing!
    Sell motorhome and start real camping and enjoy the great outdoors.
    Cut unnecessary expenses.

*As far as the Sig Mosquito- My son is a Sig guy and bought one for his wife who is a nurse. The dang thing jammed up constantly. He even sent it back to Sig and when it came back, it did the same thing over and over. Definitely will not shoot some ammo! It even jammed with Remington and Winchester. He gave it away after 2 year of screwing with it. He bought her a P238 and it is sweet! He also owns a 226 and P938 and they are sweet as well. Just my two cents worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, Happy New year! :-)
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Regarding Sig Mosquito: I believe this gun is built by another company for Sig-Sauer. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I will correct me if I am wrong.

My goals this year:
    1. Expand my food storage by canning. We have done lots of freezing of our garden harvest but if the electricity goes south, we are S.O.L.
    2. Get a generator. Choices are limited by the state of California. Many fine ones are not Ca. Air Resource Board compliant.
    3. Expand water storage. Right this minute we have drinking water for about 2 1/2 weeks. Water in my spa can serve for some basic washing and hygiene.
    4. Begin to reload the .223 and 7.62X39. Have all the dies but have not picked up bullets.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    * find some reloading powder for crying out loud! *
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

I forgot to add reloading to my list. EB, I just picked up some power pistol at our last gun show.

CC Gray Panther
    Okay ; mine is to keep on keeping on where ever that may lead me.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    power pistol
    How much was it?

Thats the powder I started with, and I found it (without a chrony) to do a great job, I like it!

"Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

I think it was around $28.00 per lb. It's went up since I first bought some.

The powder I have for rifle rounds (BLC-2) went up from about $10 a lb to 16 per lb. It is available again though.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 01-03-2015 at 11:56 PM.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Regarding Sig Mosquito: I believe this gun is built by another company for Sig-Sauer. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than I will correct me if I am wrong.

My goals this year:
    2. Get a generator. Choices are limited by the state of California. Many fine ones are not Ca. Air Resource Board compliant.
    SoCalMan... one thing I want to point out and not make too fine of a point on... if shit goes sideways, nobody, and I do mean NOBODY (Especially YOU) are going to care if your genny is CARB compliant or not. If you can find a good deal on one while outside of PRK (Peoples Republik of Kalifornia) I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. If you use it in time of disaster, great! If not, its not like the CARB police are out looking at every single device in the state of Kalif. Do what your pocketbook can handle, I get that being a former PRK resident. But I also know, Im not going to rely on the gov't, and especially not the gov't in Kalifornia to take care of me in my time of need and neither should you. This is the same reason I have no issues with sending 30 rd mag parts to friends behind enemy lines, because stupidity is always going to be there with gov't's, and its up to the citizens to ensure that they are equipped with the resources needed to save themselves if and when that time comes.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post

My goals this year:
    1. Expand my food storage by canning. We have done lots of freezing of our garden harvest but if the electricity goes south, we are S.O.L.
    3. Expand water storage. Right this minute we have drinking water for about 2 1/2 weeks. Water in my spa can serve for some basic washing and hygiene.
    4. Begin to reload the .223 and 7.62X39. Have all the dies but have not picked up bullets.
    just an offer.. i 'might' be heading that way in late June early July. if you want, save your pennies, find the one you want and i can/will bring you a genset that way. i know, Cali has some real stupid laws.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Have to get into better shape.