Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizing into groups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    finally pooped
    I didn't expect concrete answers because unless I was in the moment I don't know how I would react to each situation. I can tell you what my likely response would be though.

I'm extremely logic based in everything I do even in normal society. I can't help it. When weighing my options about how to handle people it will be completely logic based every time in those situations.

I was reading somewhere about how a sociopath would be the ideal leader in teotwawki. They said that their choices would always be for their survival, without any compassion or hesitation. It was a really good article, I wish I could find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Kind of a skewed answer but here it is.

I/Wife will need to be able to see who they are. And the definition of the word "see" is rather complex and yet simple. She better than I are able to gauge people rather well. Should we get a good 'feeling' that may change the result. We own a business (17 years) and I interact with people all day. When I receive phone calls inquiring of our rates and services 80% call back after they call other locations or they settle with our company on the spot. We are not the cheapest service either.

I enter a situation where the client is in a frustrated state. I remove that before I start to work.

We have learned to rely on our people skills to build a business and have it continue even in a bad market. I am the front man in face to face dealings and my wife can assess people just by watching them.

I suggest you review your situations with more of your goals in mind rather than what you need to do for them. If you help will they? be good to team up with, supply good information, can they fulfill and needs you might have etc.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Kind of a skewed answer but here it is.
    I suggest you review your situations with more of your goals in mind rather than what you need to do for them. If you help will they? be good to team up with, supply good information, can they fulfill and needs you might have etc.
    Thats exactly what I was doing I think that started this particular tangent in the thread. Kesephist doesnt agree to my point where I said I would use less experienced as cannon fodder if it means saving my children or fellow experienced preppers. I mean it, and I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I was reading somewhere about how a sociopath would be the ideal leader in teotwawki. They said that their choices would always be for their survival, without any compassion or hesitation. It was a really good article, I wish I could find it.
    Been called a "Functioning Sociopath" by the last VA Psych Eval, does that count?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather
    Thats exactly what I was doing I think that started this particular tangent in the thread. Kesephist doesnt agree to my point where I said I would use less experienced as cannon fodder if it means saving my children or fellow experienced preppers. I mean it, and I stand by it.
    Incorrect, sir. I said I don't have to LIKE it. No one nor any group on this forum have enough money, influence or spine to hire someone to point a large enough gun at my head to MAKE me like it.

Oh, and if you detect that I've made a sudden list to the "ticked off" on here lately, you need only look over there at Jimmy New One and Illini, over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Incorrect, sir. I said I don't have to LIKE it. No one nor any group on this forum have enough money, influence or spine to hire someone to point a large enough gun at my head to MAKE me like it.
    Fair enough, you are correct, you dont have to like it, so I misspoke. But then again, what works for me, may not work for you, as that is in all things in life, not everyone sees things the same. As far as the money, influence, spine in pointing a gun to "make you like it", I do my own work, I never send amateurs to do a professionals job. But on the flip side of that coin, Im not trying to change your opinion at all. Im merely stating my position as I see how it works for the continued survival of my people. Hope this clarifys my position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    Oh, and if you detect that I've made a sudden list to the "ticked off" on here lately, you need only look over there at Jimmy New One and Illini, over there.
    Actually, I havent detected much at all. I could really care less about a list of ticked off people as Im sure the members here would agree. lf I was to worry about ticking people off, I would worry about offending the women on this forum a hell of a lot more than I would the gentlemen. The women around here are the Heavens Angels personified, til you piss them off. Then its a new level of hell that I would be submitting myself to.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

^ Agreed! And well put stormy!

I haven't served my Country, but I have been a hunter all of my conscious life, and I see that group of hillbillies no different than a pack of coyotes, feral cats or some other vermin needing eradication.

That father is probably the same fucker who laughed at me today for buying 12 boxes of cereal for the pantry, because they were on a wicked sale. " The store will still be here next week!"
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^ Agreed! And well put stormy!

I haven't served my Country, but I have been a hunter all of my conscious life, and I see that group of hillbillies no different than a pack of coyotes, feral cats or some other vermin needing eradication.

That father is probably the same fucker who laughed at me today for buying 12 boxes of cereal for the pantry, because they were on a wicked sale. " The store will still be here next week!"
    One doesnt have to be a professional soldier to be willing to dispatch a feral animal threatening the flock. Its all a manner of mechanics, (point, pull the trigger, move onto the next one) Past that, the human factor doesnt come into play because its nothing more than taking out a predator as far as I am concerned. So, as you say, its vermin needing eradication. I would say that your ability, because of this, is as equal to mine when it comes to that. "It is what it is".

And yes, that father laughing at you in the supermarket for stocking up on staples, will more than likely be the one begging for your supplies in the end. I see no need in taking from those who have prepared for an SHTF event, and giving to those who have not.
    As a somewhat warped side note----If there was single men in the group, I would entertain the possibility of allowing the wife to join our group, knowing that she would be leaving her husband to fend for himself. And if there was children involved, I would even allow them to come in. But the wife would have to understand, that in doing so, she would have to be willing to take one of the single men (of her choosing) as her husband and follow all the rules of the group. The man she chooses would of course be responsible for the care and feeding of his new family. So its somewhat of a double edged sword, the man gains a partner, but also gains more responsibility because now he must also feed and take care of her and possibly her children as well. Hard choices on both sides, but also, shows how dedicated you are to surviving.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Me being less experienced, I guess I need to stay in my AO, as I don't really want to be cannon fodder.

I certainly understand the point, I think I might use different standards to decide who would be cannon fodder.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Me being less experienced, I guess I need to stay in my AO, as I don't really want to be cannon fodder.

I certainly understand the point, I think I might use different standards to decide who would be cannon fodder.
    I lol;ed at this GunFixr, mainly because you would never be cannon fodder. Im referring to the type of person who I would have no choice but to take in, but in nothing but a drain on resources. By your presence here alone, that means you wouldnt be a drain on resources because you bring knowledge, skills, and mindset to the table. Hope this clarifys my position.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

For the Love of Cats

ok guys, enough of the religious confrontations. Kesephist you make good points, and I agree in that I also do not believe in organized religion... but do believe in something. And as a distant hero of Stormy once coined: " There are no Atheists in a foxhole"

enough said.

Unfortunately, most of the people that I would welcome into my group with open arms are thousands of miles away, and baring advance notice, not likely to show up for the party. So, I do have a few friends and neighbours who know I prep and I would welcome in, albeit somewhat begrudgingly, as they would bring nothing with them save appetites... but they do have some skills, and could be taught others. The mrs and I could manage the throw back to the 1800's easy enough, it's the defending 24/7 for the first month or 6 that would be exceptionally difficult.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.