Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the start of the new government control?

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

Is this the start of the new government control?

I got a phone call from my wife yesterday around 11am. She wanted me to go down to the county jail in Manchester, TN and bail my step daughter out of jail. All my wife told me is she was arrested under a sealed order of forgery. I got there, and this is what I learned. A county police officer had gone to her place of work, with NO paper work of any kind, told her boss he was there to pick her up and take her to jail. She was called to the nurses station in front of everyone. The officer asker her if she was Ashley, she said yes. Didn't ask her last name, he told her he was taking her to jail, and wouldn't tell her why, didn't offer any paper work, just took her off in front of everyone. He dropped her off by a door, and then left. She had to go into the county jail by herself. She was then booked, fingerprinted, mugshot and what ever else, and was never given her maranda rights, and was not told why she had been arrested. She was there for over 4 hours before I got there, and I was told when I got there, she had been arrested under a sealed order, and it was about forgery. When I got to talk to her, she told me as they were booking her, they had three sheets of paper stapled together. On the third sheet, there was a picture of her, her name, date of birth, and social security number, EXCEPT IT WASNT HER PICTURE. it was a picture of a black woman, and Ashley is white. When Alsley said the picture wasn't her, the officer said it must be a mistake, tore it off and threw it away. After I found this out, I told her to go back and get that paper, and the officers said they couldn't find it. She now must appear in court in two days. So, can you now in America, be arrested at your place of employment, with no paperwork of any kind, taken to jail and not be read your rights, not be told what you are being charged with, and even have someone else's mug shot on their paperwork, just to have that evidence thrown away? We will find outing Wednesday. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

For the Love of Cats

I certainly hope the judge has a better grasp of the law than the cops do. If not, she could be in serious trouble.

Everything about this just seems WRONG!

Best of luck, and keep us posted.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    no real thoughts on it, but can sympathize. i was arrested not 1, not 2, but 3 times... because of a 41 yr. old black man with the same name. i was 17! and WHITE! when it happened the first time, didn't know why, the second time the Deputy KNEW ME! and the third time, i just let it happen and laughed my ass off when the Sargent started yelling about wasting his time. some of the pole-ice aren't too bright and others don't care about the facts. hope it all works out for Ashley.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Sounds like the possibility of identity theft.. Her ass is on the line, and a court appointed attorney will do NOTHING for the defendant (I know from 7 years of working corrections).

Best thing is to hire a paid lawyer, make sure she makes NO statements what so ever except to HER PAID lawyer and get the hell out of jail.

Yeah, its gonna cost money but, its money well spent.

Next file a complaint on the officer about the arrest where as she was arrested but did NOT fit the description.

Next have the lawyer file suit for wrongful detention and arrest. Even if you dont get money or dont win, it puts the PD on stage that they need to follow procedure. Make sure you call all the papers and television stations within 100 miles the day the suit is filed.

Seriously.

Dont be an observer, grab the ball and run for the touchdown.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Thanks for the advice. She is out on bail, and the bail bonds woman will show up in court to testify tomorrow stating it wasn't her picture on the arrest warrant. Ashley plans on getting an attorney and pressing charges against (I'm not sure yet) for wrongful arrest, and whatever else the attorney can come up with. We also assumed identy theft from the beginning, but so many things went so wrong yesterday, we are going to wait until after tomorrow to see what happens, and at that time decide what to do.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Whew! That all sounds great so far!!

At the very least, the physical description did not match which should have been a clue there is something wrong. Err on the side of caution I say, but some LEO are just JBT robots.. "Yeah, thats you... lets go to jail" without processing information with a BRAIN. Lets hope this type is a small percentage!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Where's the epi?

Wow! That is crazy! Does she know a good atty yet? If not, let us know...we know of one or 2 that she can choose from locally and she could get a consultation with more than one to find the best to fight for her.
    I apologize for nothing...

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Im waiting to hear the outcome of this, being as how she went to court today. I would most surely bring up the fact that the officers saw that it wasnt her on the paperwork, and yet insisted on arresting her and throwing away the evidence when asked for it. As for the rest of the series of issues that involve this arrest, I see a healthy payout coming from that police department. My Advice...Sue the officer that arrested her, Sue the booking officer, Sue the Jail, Sue the Sheriff, Sue the City, Sue the Mayors office, Sue the prosecuting attorneys office, Sue the County, Sue the State, and ALERT all the news agencies within a 100 mile radius. When you sue the deputies, you can actually sue them personally. Seen this done, and when i say holy hell came down... I truly mean it. There was a shakeup within the whole policing community. When the city realizes its being sued because of the stupidity of one of its officers over something as trivial as looking at a photo and comparing it to the person in front of you, it gets their attention EXTREMELY quickly. Each person in the chain of events needs a lawsuit attached to them, and then the agencies themselves separately, It gets peoples attention quickly when its a law-abiding person, and done at ones workplace, resulting in emotional trauma, loss of wages, loss of possibly earned wages/potential income due to discriminatory environment brought on by her arrest at the workplace, and the list goes on and on.

if you cant tell, I believe in a "Scorched Earth Policy" when it comes to defending myself.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Im waiting to hear the outcome of this, being as how she went to court today. I would most surely bring up the fact that the officers saw that it wasnt her on the paperwork, and yet insisted on arresting her and throwing away the evidence when asked for it. As for the rest of the series of issues that involve this arrest, I see a healthy payout coming from that police department. My Advice...Sue the officer that arrested her, Sue the booking officer, Sue the Jail, Sue the Sheriff, Sue the City, Sue the Mayors office, Sue the prosecuting attorneys office, Sue the County, Sue the State, and ALERT all the news agencies within a 100 mile radius. When you sue the deputies, you can actually sue them personally. Seen this done, and when i say holy hell came down... I truly mean it. There was a shakeup within the whole policing community. When the city realizes its being sued because of the stupidity of one of its officers over something as trivial as looking at a photo and comparing it to the person in front of you, it gets their attention EXTREMELY quickly. Each person in the chain of events needs a lawsuit attached to them, and then the agencies themselves separately, It gets peoples attention quickly when its a law-abiding person, and done at ones workplace, resulting in emotional trauma, loss of wages, loss of possibly earned wages/potential income due to discriminatory environment brought on by her arrest at the workplace, and the list goes on and on.

if you cant tell, I believe in a "Scorched Earth Policy" when it comes to defending myself.
    This
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Yep Stormy has the right idea. This could have an effect on her job and livleyhood down the road. Eyes needs to be opened and payment made for what they did.