Thread: American Sniper movie review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Daughter and I will see AS maybe next weekend.

MM is a diptard libtard, nuff said.

I hope its better than Lone Survivor... The book was good, until after chapter 3 or so.. The bullshit tail he tells is too unbelievable IMHO. I dont think there is an M4 or a human body that can take that many throws off a 40' cliff and survive. Ive seen the M4 break into pieces on the bayonet course and somehow Im supposed to believe its some kind of magical & indestructible weapon (exactly like the AR fan boys want us to think).

Ive known and read of many a soldier that had balls big as a minivan, but for that soldier to step right out into the open and take fire trying to get a call out, I find a bit far fetched... There is no one stupid enough to stand down range on a firing line like that.

I simply find a lot of the story to be BS... as I told the daughter, when your the only one to survive a car crash you can make up any old story since no one will debate you.

Anywho, I hope to see the movie soon, and maybe read the book (cause the book is always 1,000X better than the movie!)

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Daughter and I will see AS maybe next weekend.

MM is a diptard libtard, nuff said.

I hope its better than Lone Survivor... The book was good, until after chapter 3 or so.. The bullshit tail he tells is too unbelievable IMHO. I dont think there is an M4 or a human body that can take that many throws off a 40' cliff and survive. Ive seen the M4 break into pieces on the bayonet course and somehow Im supposed to believe its some kind of magical & indestructible weapon (exactly like the AR fan boys want us to think).

Ive known and read of many a soldier that had balls big as a minivan, but for that soldier to step right out into the open and take fire trying to get a call out, I find a bit far fetched... There is no one stupid enough to stand down range on a firing line like that.

I simply find a lot of the story to be BS... as I told the daughter, when your the only one to survive a car crash you can make up any old story since no one will debate you.

Anywho, I hope to see the movie soon, and maybe read the book (cause the book is always 1,000X better than the movie!)

EB
    EB, although I respect your opinion, I'm going to have to disagree with you on some of what you say. I agree with you on the gun abuse, and of what the human body can take, but, we were not there. I don't remember the name of the teams leader who went out to make the call, but I have to believe he knew he was going to die anyway, and this is why we have real life heroes among us. There is a reason soldiers receive the congressional Medal of Honor. Some men are just made of better stuff than the rest of us, and I know me. I cried reading the book, and I cried watching the movie. And to say he was stupid enough to stand down range...I cannot express in words. To call any American soldier fighting for his country, who chooses to give his life to save his brothers in arms STUPID is plain and simple wrong.