Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your wife get it?

Do you have a robot?
    So true Sniper........Hit head against wall and repeat, repeat......... The one thing I have found is she complains about me stockpiling but then if by some chance we are out of something then that is unacceptable. Damned if you do damned if don't.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    We turned an unused dead end corner upstairs where we used to have the old desk top computer into the pantry area. I put up shelves, and even bought 2 sets of plastic shelves. I started filling it up by buying 10 extra cans of chicken 3 yrs ago. It is now full with about enough food to last 2 people 6 months or more. Mrs Dome loves it when she finds something like toothbrushes for almost nothing, and buys about 30. The same w/ food items. When the ketchup goes empty, or she wants a couple cans of something, she goes upstairs, gets it, and says she loves having our very own stocked store upstairs, it so convenient. So maybe you call sell the convenience of it, you don't have to run to the store when you need a can or item you are out of in the kitchen. Modern grocery stores have sold us a bill of goods. Everyone used to HAVE to stock up, but now stores tell us 'we will always have everything you need, anytime'. That is just not true.

Thinks it might be German

My wife and I kind of grew into this together, though she was somewhat resistant at first. She was never one to keep up with current events and crisis'. I've always leaned towards the preparedness lifestyle, but didn't really get in the groove until 7 or 8 years ago. I always use the 92 LA Riots, as a model to show anyone what society is capable of when given the slightest reason to act like animals. I'm always careful to point out the Koreans on the roofs of their businesses armed with rifles and shotguns protecting their own. 9/11 did it's part as well, in pushing us in the right direction...When Katrina hit it was an eye opener for everyone, including me. It showed us that the 92 riots, were not just some fluke that happened over a decade ago, and that society could and would go down that road again. As i started drifting more and more into the preparedness mindset, my wife was still somewhat reluctant and saw it more as selfish hoarding and wastful spending. It was after talking to an old High School friend at church one day, that she turned the corner. That friend spilled the beans that they were preppers.... Since she realized that we weren't alone, and that people she actually new and respected were doing the same thing, it's been smooth sailing. The recent Ferguson riots, and almost daily local news of yet another home invasion, keep the fire stoked in both of us.
    The 12 Gauge... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Yes, maybe not 100%, but 95% or higher.
    She wasn't always, but finally started to see it coming.
    She would kill and/or slaughter if need be. She is definitely not afraid to get her hands dirty.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Since before we met, I have been putting up extra stores of food and water. Told her we needed to be ready for hurricanes. The hurricanes that hit central Florida in '04 and '05 helped her understand. When my son was born I started getting more serious. The wife did not stop me, as long as I stayed in budget.
    When our well went out, and took over a week to get replaced, and I was able to keep water flowing into the toilets from elevated rainwater storage tanks, and potable water to drink with no issues, even a solar shower bag to hang in the showers, she saw the benefit.
    She does not go out of her way to do any prepping, basically leaves it up to me, but enjoys having a "grocery store" in the back room, a garden and fruit trees for fresh produce, and does not complain when I order a years food supply on sale. She does not care for shooting, but went to an all day training class with me.
    We discovered her sister is into being prepared, as is her father. She never knew.
    Sad part is, she is confident that I will provide. she won't put in much effort to learn, so without me, she would be just another sheep for the shearing.

Bacon saver

So you ask if my wife is on board? She's the damn Skipper man! She maintains the food stores, does the canning, gardens, now chickens, shoots, throws tantrums............. she hasn't learned to loot, pilage and plunder yet but there's still hope. She likes being in charge though. Hoo-Yah Baby!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

^ Sounds like a keeper!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^ Sounds like a keeper!
    Yeah that's a done deal. Major fire fight there.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

I know, pal. I'm biding my time before I display my kitten carrying tactical vest. Even with the spare kitten pouches, I'm thinking that someone may have issues
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Yeah that's a done deal. Major fire fight there.
    He just likes that I buy him really cool toys and never tell him NO when he wants to buy some crazy unnecessary toy. �� that's true love.
    I apologize for nothing...