Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Storm

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Just got back to the hotel. Every hotel has a no vacency sign, and every restaurant, even fast foods are closed. Luckily the hotel has a breakfast bar in the lobby. The lobby was full of people who were given permission to sleep in there just to get out of the weather. It's starting to rain, and the ice is starting to melt, so we will hunker down here for a couple of hours before heading back up north, but don't expect any problems.

For the Love of Cats

make SURE the roads are open ALL the way, or you might find yourself on a pew half way home!
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 02-21-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Take care Domeguy. Son one got out of ATL just before that all hit. He's in LA now for work. Just hope he doesn't slide into the ocean,LOL

Where's the epi?

DG it's just raining now. We had the ice last night but since the rain started earlier it's starting to melt in most places. Not sure about getting up that driveway of yours though! Call if you need help.
    I apologize for nothing...

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    We are home, and snug as a cat in a dome. Thanks to all who were concerned?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    By now were supposed to get rain.. but no, we got another 5 or more inches, and its still snowing.

BTW, the Jeep Cherokee with Goodyear Wranglers has done fantastic, Ive yet to need to put chains on!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Where's the epi?

[QUOTE=ElevenBravo;79201]By now were supposed to get rain.. but no, we got another 5 or more inches, and its still snowing.

BTW, the Jeep Cherokee with Goodyear Wranglers has done fantastic, Ive yet to need to put chains on!

That's what I had on my Grand Cherokee and loved them! Great tires for that vehicle! Never once had a problem with them in the snow or ice even though it was a 2wd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Take care Domeguy. Son one got out of ATL just before that all hit. He's in LA now for work. Just hope he doesn't slide into the ocean,LOL
    Are they getting bad weather out there Kat?
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

Oddly enough... wranglers are my most hated tire for winter driving. they are great for the first 30000 miles then the edges seem to round out and they really suck. IMO. I've ran BFG's for 25 years-ish and would walk through where my buddy's got stuck with their wranglers... until this year, I put on a set of Cooper Winter tires as per another buddy's recommendation (the one that beat me through the shit after I shamed the wranglers, and holy fried cat!! These things are awesome! I have never had a tir do so well on a pickup. and that is just running 2 wheel in my Tacoma. 4 wheel... even I am amazed what that Toy will get thru.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I'm still having too much fun doing intentional doughnuts to worry about traction, but I'll be keeping the Cooper info in mind.

For weather, its pretty nice here today, clear skies and mid 20's, but bitter cold earlier this week, and from what I hear there is more coming.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

We had a break after the 1/2" of snow overnight. A little sleet, then just rain the rest of the day. Starting to melt everything now. According to the news report, the next 7 days look rather dry.