Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Izzy's Icemageddon Journal

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

So far I've learned a few things from this localized SHTF situation.

The biggest lesson so far is rate of consumption. We stock up fuel, but don't have a true idea of how much we will consume. Taking care of a family of 4, I now have a very good idea on our fuel consumption rate. This includes cooking and sanitation. You are going to use a lot of fuel heating water for beverages, cooking, and washing dishes.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Upon further reflection, I shouldn't have given Recce the release command.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Update:

The perp was apprehended this morning after receiving 39 stitches and 2 units of blood.

My dog almost had a confirmed kill. Lol.

Do you have a robot?
    Great write up. Regarding your pup she should get a steak since you called her away from dinner. 20-20 hindsight it is good she did not get a kill because of the potential fallout which could have occurred. That said I would say you would be able to tell who the crook is by his limp.

Couple of things: What type of generator and what was the volume of fuel per day? What will you do differently in the future and how are you going to prepare for the next storm?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    man, wished i was closer. sounds like fun, well in my own twisted mind. glad to hear it's all working out for you guys. with the in-laws and the motel stay. the visit from some nice Ant Family members didn't hurt.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Crotch Rocket

I was right! Recce ftmfw! Outstanding!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

More to say tomorrow.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Izzy's Icemageddon Journal

Robsdak, generator is a Generac 7500E.
    Currently consumes about .5 Gal/ hr
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 02-24-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Crotch Rocket

It sounds to me like good experience came from a trying situation. Nobody you know or love ended up in serious danger, you had the bases covered, learned, and neutralized two threats.

Congrats on the gennie too btw
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Its not over yet. Today is day 4.