Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear War Survival Skills

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Nuclear War Survival Skills

Emergency Essentials has the book, Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson Kearny on sale for $11.

This updated and expanded edition of Nuclear War Survival Skills gives instructions that have enabled untrained Americans to make high-protection-factor expedient shelters, efficient air pumps to ventilate and cool shelters, the only homemakeable fallout radiation meter that is accurate and dependable, and other life-support equipment. These instructions have been developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory civil defense researchers and others over the past 14 years, and have been field-tested repeatedly under simulated crises conditions. Over 400,000 privately reproduced copies of the original 1979 Oak Ridge National Laboratory edition have been sold. You and your family can improve your chances of surviving during and after a nuclear attack by learning the nuclear facts and following the self-help instructions in this book.
    ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Cresson Kearny is the leading inventor and field-tester of self-help survival equipment. He holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Princeton University and two Honours degrees from Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar. Before and during World War II Kearny pioneered the development and testing of jungle combat equipment. In 1964 he initiated self-help civil defense research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory - work that he has continued in many states and several countries.

Not sure if it's any good but thought I'd pass it along.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

Looks like a very handy book. I'm gonna see if it is available locally. I'll report back as soon as I find out for sure.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I'm sure its a good book.....my concern is the topic, I feel if it comes down to needing that book then I'm up a creek without a paddle anyway. IDK.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I have it as a pdf I got from a Civil Defense History site if anyone is interested.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I found the pdf for it as well. 36MB.

My PDF is way to large to post on here. Shoot me a PM if your interested and I will be happy to e-mail you a copy.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Most folks have a max size for e-mails. Usually about 5Mb. You will probably need to zip it up into smaller bite size pieces.
    Anybody know where it might be found online to save bacpacker the hassle?
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Thanks Alpha. I was going to ask that myself tonight. I can send about a 25MB file, but don't want to send more than can be received.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

found it.
    http://www.nukepills.com/docs/nuclea...val_skills.pdf
    Hmmm never been to this site. Looks like some decent info and stuff there. Need to go back and check it out later.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

There you go Alpha, Izzy, Stig Sorry I could help you out. Glad Alpha came thru.