Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do you do now?

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

So what do you do now?

I'm not sure if this thread goes here or not, but as a prepper you look around and like what you see. Everything you can think of has been done. You have stockpiled, hordes, collected, organized, foraged, etc, and now it would seem its Miller time. You can kick back and relax for a while. So my question to my fellow preppers is this, what do you do for a hobby? And as a hobby, do you do it for fun, relaxation, does it help you to hone your prepping skills? Should a hobby be prepper related? As for me, I like working with wood. Nothing to fancy right now. If the grid went down, with my future solar panels installed, I plan on having enough electricity to keep my shop going. I could make the things I will need in the future, furniture, axe handles, repair broken chairs, ect. But right now, I like making wooden toys. [IMG][/IMG]

Crotch Rocket

Oh man, where do I start...

By no means am I anywhere near any of my prepping goals, but part of my plan is to always have down time.

I hunt, I fish, I camp, I ride my motorcycle... I drink beer, chase women... Watch movies, play video games... Travel, relax at home...

I guess the answer is I just enjoy my life, do all the "normal" things, and work toward my various goals as time and money permit. Some complement prepping. Others don't. But I think its all good
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

I shoot, fish, garden, work with wood, carve, trap, and I'm slowly buying all the stuff I need to do leather work. When life finally gives me time to relaxt, I have several projects I want to do.

Cool little cars DG. scaled?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

No where near where I want to be. But we try and take time to enjoy life as we go. I love hiking, camping, fishing, shooting, gardening, just getting out for a road trip. Gotta have down time.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I think my biggest hobbies now are gardening, hunting, reloading, shooting, and flying RC airplanes. BTW I bought another one, and will have it next week.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I shoot, fish, garden, work with wood, carve, trap, and I'm slowly buying all the stuff I need to do leather work. When life finally gives me time to relaxt, I have several projects I want to do.

Cool little cars DG. scaled?
    Thank you, these 2 are models of a 1929 ford delivery van. I like to take existing scale plans and modify them to fit the needs of what I want to make. These were just to sit and be looked at, but I changed them around, give them a detailed cab, rolling wheels, and chances tbe body panels and added old brass post office box doors and make them into working banks with a locking door to store all your silver, gold, and macaroni necklaces. I'll post a better picture when I get them finished tonight.

Bacon saver

DG, I think those look Frickin cool! You do great work, I know I've seen his stuff in person, but really, nice toys brother! Dems piggy banks right, I see the slots on top or am I mistaken??
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

finally pooped
    Well, my new hobby will be knives and knife sheaths in a week or two when my stuff arrives!!! But currently fixing my guns, teaching the wife to shoot, and fishing are my only hobbies.

Bacon saver

Maybe in Alligator Bayou?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

finally pooped
    huh?