Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden 2015

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.

Garden 2015

this is it. i tilled last weekend and planted this weekend. 7 rows planted. from left to right.

broccoli
    cauliflower
    napa cabbage
    brussel sprouts
    turnip greens (seed)
    green beans (seed)
    mustard greens (seed)

back corner there is a row of bunch onions and garlic.

nothing else ready yet. i know, i am jumping the gun on the green beans. i couldn't stop myself. i got into it and before i knew it, they were in the ground. we will see.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

I'll most likely shit myself

Where you are, I bet they do fine.

According to the signs, yesterday thru Wednesday are excellent days for root crops. If the ground drys up enough I am planttng potatoes, onions, leeks, and beets tomorrow or Tuesday. Cabbage, kale, spinach, and lettuce will go in about 2 weekz.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 03-09-2015 at 12:16 AM.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Got 12-22 more days till we reach the last frost date... I am jealous robsdak!

Do you have a robot?
    I start on mine tomorrow. Its early but I will be putting up hoops to protect the plants. I hope to get a couple of different plantings this spring and summer.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Where you are, I bet they do fine.

According to the signs, yesterday thru Wednesday are excellent days for root crops. If the ground drys up enough I am planttng potatoes, onions, leeks, and beets tomorrow or Tuesday. Cabbage, kale, spinach, and lettuce will go in about 2 weekz.
    i am jumping the gun just a bit. only one that won't make through a freeze/frost are the green beans. wasted $3.50 in seeds, but ahead IF it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Got 12-22 more days till we reach the last frost date... I am jealous robsdak!
    LOL nothing to be jealous of really. different geography. BTW the house to my right 'might' come up for sale. D I V O R C E Sale. LOL he's a good guy, she's a piece o' work.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    I start on mine tomorrow. Its early but I will be putting up hoops to protect the plants. I hope to get a couple of different plantings this spring and summer.
    that's the reason, well one, that i like to plant early. i can garden year round, but planted early i can get 2 real good gardens and then a fall garden, which i didn't do last year. i was feeling puny at the time i was going to plant.

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

For the Love of Cats

I have 7 weeks left before my 'final frost' date. Brought my green house in on the weekend along with some posts and soil. Will be starting my seeds this week.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    I have 7 weeks left before my 'final frost' date. Brought my green house in on the weekend along with some posts and soil. Will be starting my seeds this week.
    man, 7 wks is a long time. if everything goes well, i will be starting to harvest a few things. just saying.

For the Love of Cats

It is looking like an early spring so I may try to cheat a little, but I'll have to make sure to be ready to cover some things
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Stevia, Brussels Sprouts and White Long Onion sprouts have appeared. Planted them last week in egg containers and placed them on the netting that covers my Aquaponic stock tank. Also got seeds in a container that are starting to sprout. Bought 1/2" PVC to build a greenhouse frame over my raised beds for a longer grow season. Final frost last year was March 30th.

This year going bonzo on the garden to get a habit started.

here it is a week later.

right of the picture. turnips, green beans and mustard's are coming up.