Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepping for the handicapped

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    LOL if she was only able to. I was getting a helmet for my bike on that ride. Hit a patch of gravel and spun out of control. I remember everything up to dinner before the ride. And then 4-5 months later I can remember glimpses. She may want to but she has incredible impulse control Sniper-T.
    Sucks about your biking skills, but keeping the cast iron clean and blood/hair free is critical to the maintenance of your pots/pans. Good on you bud, and stay strong!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Well I have to say that I feel blessed having my family and my health. You guys humble me by all the trials you have gone through.
    I look at it like Vodin...it's just how you look at it and deal with the situation...I don't look at it like I can no longer work..I see it as I'm on perminant vacation...all of the rest of you suckers have to get up and go to work in the morning...I don't. Lol.

I'll most likely shit myself

Sorry to hear of everyone's issues. I'm starting to think that may be one factor in this group being as tight as we are???

On our end, the wife has been thru hell in her life, broken neck being the worst. She is limited and seems more so as she ages. But she won't give in till theres just no option. Not always the best plan, but one I can count on if SHTF.
    For my part, I have 2 herniated disk in my low back. Most days I'm just stiff, others I have a hard time getting out of bed and putting on a pair of shoes. I am also type 2 diabetic. Currently on meds for it. Dr. has told me weight loss and watching my food intake, both what I eat and how much, plus daily exercise will help control it. I am also planning on trying some various herbs and such to see how they do to control my sugar. It is very hard to stay on track with it.
    As far as a group dealing with it, I guess it comes down to are they contributing to the group at all? Like has been mentioned, sometimes ideas can be invaluable, or maybe someone to keep an eye on kids or something while the others are in the field. OTOH, provide nothing and the others in your group better have skills and goods that are in high demand.
    I'll end with this, LAZY is not a disability!

Walking on Sunshine

bp, Haven't been on in awhile so I've been catching up on the posts. Try Backdoor Survival, Gaye Levy, has been using essential oils and herbs to try and help her hubby control his blood pressure and a few other things. She has a few recipes that have worked for her, she may have some suggestions for you. I empathize with you all, DaHubs is currently on about 8-10 (may be more, I haven't counted lately) different prescriptions. I swear every time he goes to the doctors, they add more stuff to his list. He has anklyoarthritis in his spine, high cholesterol and diabetes (due to his weight), His father had heart troubles, so the docs are treating him for heart disease and Rheumatoid arthritis as well. Me, I have Systemic Lupus (not active right now, Knock wood), no thyroid and am pre-diabetic(hereditary) with hereditary high cholesterol and now I have TBMD in the kidneys. Basically,the walls in my kidneys are thinning and allow microscopic blood cells to leak thru to the bladder,eventually the kidneys will stop working, thanks to the Lupus. Sorry for TMI but most people don't know what Thin Basement Membrane Disease is. So I have been trying to stockpile my meds but am worried they won't stay good down the road.

Thanks for the heads up. I will investigate that. I really want to drop all the drugs I can, both for availability and. Ur rent health, but also to get rid of side effects. Sometimes I think they are worse than what your treated for.

For the Love of Cats

The list of side effects that they mention on tv ads for medicines are enough to make me want to live with my ailments. Makes me wonder if the Pharm companies don't add in the side effects to necessitate additional prescriptions.
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 04-20-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I think that is the case for a lot of them. Or for future buz.

Walking on Sunshine

I'm beginning to think that too,Sniper.