Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firesteels

I'll most likely shit myself

I agree LB the blast match is the best i've tried so far( haven't pick up one from firesteels yet). The mag bar sure helps to.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I'm a sucker for firestarting goodies. I thought they had a decent variety. Some of them look decent.
    hehehe... im not the only resident pyro then?

I've got one of the flint&steel/magnesium bar combos with a scraper... goes everywhere i can take it... pretty reliable method to start a fire... However, may have to save up some to get a few goodies off this site...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    No, you're not the only pyro, if there's fire involved, I'm interested.
    The only bad thing about such items as the Strikeforce and Blastmatch are that the firestarting metal is slightly different, and can go bad over time. At least this is what a friend who is into survival has told me. I've had one of the Strikeforces about 10 yrs, and it still works fine.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.