Thread: Small Scale Drip irrigation system

Administrator

Small Scale Drip irrigation system

I moved into the new place in February and couldn't wait to get my garden set up. I started the garden on Monday and realized I needed to set up a watering system. I found a handy video on Youtube that seems easy and really cheap to make. I went out and bought the hose and outlets and Pet smart for under $18. Amazon would have probably have all the parts for under the $10 the video claims. I was all ready to tear into my project when the wife asked me what was I building. I told her and showed her the video. She said that's really neat but why don't you turn the sprinklers on? All I could say was Damnit. Situational awarness fail.

I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

For the Love of Cats

lol. Now that's funny!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

IMO drip is 100% better than sprinklers. Water goes directly to the root zo e and very little evaporation occurs. Also since you aren't wetting the foilage, diseases are mu h reduced.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    IMO drip is 100% better than sprinklers. Water goes directly to the root zo e and very little evaporation occurs. Also since you aren't wetting the foilage, diseases are mu h reduced.
    I have read that drip irrigation usually produces higher yeilds. I'll have to see how the sprinklers hit the garden bed. I may see if I could turn off the one pointed at the bed.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    I have read that drip irrigation usually produces higher yeilds. I'll have to see how the sprinklers hit the garden bed. I may see if I could turn off the one pointed at the bed.
    I capped the sprinklers that spray the garden. Can't use them often enough during water restrictions anyway. I just hand water, but I may need a drip system now, we did drip for strawberries and onions already, but the sheer volume of raised beds I have now may require it.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Check outhttp://www.dripdepot.com

No affiliation, but I have purchased he'd some from them and have been pleased to this point.