Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dehydrated foods

For the Love of Cats

will have to try the pineapple...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good to hear from you Sniper. the pineapple is good. We have dipped them in lemon juice and honey.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Question for you BP. Is the honey and lemon juice mixed together, I assume? And what ratio? This sounds like an AWESOME snack for me. Doc says I have high blood sugar, and I need to cut down the sugar. So far I’ve lost 23 lbs in 2 1/2 months, but I should loose another 50 lbs. Even with my belt on, I often find my jeans falling to the floor while walking before I can grab them. Yes, I’m that old guy in Walmart.

Also, just curious, I have the Necco American Harvest dehydrator, and It came with 1 or 2 solid trays for dehydrating liquids. I guess for things like spaghetti sauce, but also for turning fruit juice into something a fruit roll-up. Has anyone tried this. I’m going to the Neurologist in the am. and I’m going to stop at Aldi’s and get several cans of pineapple, and I would like to try this with the pineapple juice.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

We have an Excaliber dehydrater. It came with a sheet that we can lay in the tray for the liquid. The fruit roll ups are good.
    As far as the pineapple, no real ratio. We just pour some lemon juice in a bowl and put in a tablespoon or 3 in and stir till its well mixed. Then just drop in some pineapple so they are covered. Give them a few minutes in the mix stirring some. Let it stop dripping when you pull it out, load it on the trays, and load bowl back up and do it again.The lemon is more of a perservative, honey a little for taste. No receipe, just try it a few times and get the taste you want.
    Pineapple is my favorite fruit and I could eat this stuff all day long. Good luck

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I’ve got 3 cans of sliced pinapple on the hydrator right now...can’t wait...yummy yummy ��
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I usually do chunks, but have done rings too. They are good either way

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    We have an Excaliber dehydrater. It came with a sheet that we can lay in the tray for the liquid. The fruit roll ups are good.
    As far as the pineapple, no real ratio. We just pour some lemon juice in a bowl and put in a tablespoon or 3 in and stir till its well mixed. Then just drop in some pineapple so they are covered. Give them a few minutes in the mix stirring some. Let it stop dripping when you pull it out, load it on the trays, and load bowl back up and do it again.The lemon is more of a perservative, honey a little for taste. No receipe, just try it a few times and get the taste you want.
    Pineapple is my favorite fruit and I could eat this stuff all day long. Good luck
    This sounds awesome, and likely a relatively healthy (compared to what most people snack on) snack for the little ones.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

If anyone likes pineapple, they'll love it. At least We do.

For the Love of Cats

do you always do canned, or ever fresh pineapple in season?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

both