Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to a new city

Crotch Rocket

Wow. I just read this after pm'ing you. My offer still stands if there's anything I can do.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Premium Member

I'm living this scenario now...having moved from my hometown of 35 yrs to Chattanooga area, and we live in an older part of town, where literally half our street is older retired people, and the back half is what I would deem to be fugitive material. Good news is the police precinct is about 250 yds from the house as the crow flies, and my neighbor across the street, who I've yet to meet, has a big ol' American flag above a big ol' POW/MIA flag, so he's good people I'm sure. But I'm literally just over the GA state line in several directions, and I've learned back roads to take instead of having to rely on interstate/highways. It seems as all the roads lead to the others in some way. Hard to describe, but it does. I can get home via 10 different routes.

I'll most likely shit myself

All the back roads is awesome info to have. Sorry to hear about thugville down the road.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

The wife works about 20-30 miles from home down in Sincinnasty, if something were to pop off i would like for her to have several different routes to get home. I think its time to sit down with her and get a game plan together, not sure if she can read a map so we'll have to work on that first.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Premium Member

Think outside the box too. I have a creek that runs north and south...well it only runs in one direction, but you get my drift...that I could even use to get home if needed in a major emergency type of event. And it's possibly the most direct route.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Sounds like you have been prepping. Good info for you to have.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by piranha2 View Post
    Sounds like you have been prepping. Good info for you to have.
    Just thinking things from different angles. I got to add more food up here. My old food stuffs is in my hometown where the folks live, so I think I'll keep it there as a contingency plan. It's not that hard to buy a couple months worth of rice and Chef Boy R Dee.