Thanks gang for all the feedback. I figured it I put it out I would get some good info.

One question so when diesel gells in a vehicle is there any problems which develop when it thaws? That Seafoam stuff is suppose to be good. The stuff I'm talking about is for regular gas vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
Back during the BP oil spill I got sent down to help with the cleanup and they explained the different types to us but that was all raw oil instead of refined fuel oil. The low sulfur was supposed to just be to satisfy the EPA and it increased the cost due to needing more refinement.

Isn't it interesting when they add regulations the costs go up.... I would love to find one of those regulators who is making money off these regulations and prosecute them. Don't ya just love the EPA??????

When I worked construction the owner kept his tanks there and they sprung a hole but that was because anytime it rained the water would just bead and sit on the bottom. The next tank he got was a brand new one and I welded a "skirt" on it halfway down all the way around so the water would run off instead of holding on underneath. We also put it higher off the concrete so the humidity wouldn't rust it. As far as I know it still works fine. He hasn't called to complain about it yet!
This is what I was talking about from the Hazmat guys. The tanks are in bunkers and are off the ground. The tanks will develop pin hole leaks but the leaks will self seal so long as there is not too much pressure in the tank because the sludge at the bottom of the tank plugs it. When ever the hazmat guys test the tanks they put them under pressure. In order to fix it they now have people come in and sleeve the tank. This problem even has been found in the the double walled tanks.