Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Pet Peeves

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm starting to lose count on the number of ties I've been either broken into or stolen from. It all happens when I'm away or asleep. Curse my heavy sleeping!

I swear, seriously, next person, If I catch them, ooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    ... If I catch them, ooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

more like this............

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member

I remember one time we got robbed as a kid, the dude did it in broad daylight. Mom felt sure she saw someone watching the house from a house up the street that was at an angle to see, he broke into the house via a basement window, went straight to mom's jewelry box (hidden in a drawer), went to my brother's piggy bank (had $500 in it and was hidden at the top of his closet), and stole some other small items. Real clean, no damage to anything. Went out our basement door, and a neighbor drove by as he was walking out of the door, stopped and stared at him, and then drove home and called my mom, gave the description to the cops....

Mom was terrified....cops never caught anybody. I was about 13 yrs old I guess.
    The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I got another one.
    Idiots who own guns and somehow think they know how to work on them.
    Today was somewhat eventful.
    Pretty regularly I see guns that have been "fixed", and then need repaired. In fact, I tell Richard (store owner) that the worst thing on a gun is its owner. Took him awhile, but now he agrees. I think car mechanics say the same thing about cars, if half of what my friend the mechanic tells me is true.
    Anyway, I get guns pretty often that simply won't function properly, and it's because the last time they were cleaned was when they were assembled new, which was anywhere from 30-50yrs ago. Most people would probably be amazed at how much dirt and debris will fit inside a semiauto shotgun and it still work.
    So I get this old Savage, it's their version of the Auto-5, the ticket says "clean, check function". So, I strip it down and clean it, and give it a cursory once-over as I lube and assemble it. It's not as dirty as some, but pretty dry, except for the hardened grease.
    I go out back to test fire it, gonna try 3rds of low brass, and 3rds of high brass. The 3rds of low brass go without a problem. I get the high brass rounds in and bull the bolt back, and when I let it go, it doesn't go forward. So I roll the gun over, so I can see into the ejection port, and I'm working on the handle, pulling back a bit and letting go. My left hand is loosely around the barrel and forearm, holding it just tightly enough not to move it while I operate the handle. The safety is on, since I'm loading it. So after it doesn't go forward on its own a couple times, I give it a little forward push. It goes forward, fires all the rounds out in one burst, and I'm standing there empty handed, wondering what in the hell just happened. After checking that I have all my fingers (and thumbs), and looking as well as I can to see I'm not gut-shot, I look around for the gun, and it's about 8ft away behind me, laying on the grass.
    I go back up to the shop, and take my coat off and have someone check me over for holes and blood. I'm ok. The gun fired upon closing, and continued firing until empty, being ejected from my hands and away, and yet somehow I acquired no damage whatsoever.
    I think I used up all of the luck I had for today, and maybe tomorrow as well.
    Upon closer inspection, the hammer hook for the sear has been filed upon, and the sear spring modified to have less tension.
    This idiot "fixed" his gun until it went full auto, and then brought it in to be repaired without saying anything about what exactly was wrong with it, and I damn near got killed because of it.
    I'm not for "gun control", but stupid people shouldn't have guns.
    The hard part was going back out for another test fire after having fixed the problem, or at least so I thought when I tested it.
    Yes, it was fixed, but dropping the bolt was a bit apprehensive.

The hot sexy one

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I got another one.
    Been there.....That pic I posted of the little .22, when I purchased it, he said it had a sweet trigger, he done himself......He was right , I bet it measured in ounces. After about 20 rounds , it started emptying mags.. I put a new trigger assembly in.
    That is one of my peeves, Why screw with the trigger, improve your technique .....I have a Rem 700 shamrocking 3-4 shot groups at 200 yards.....They tell me if I lighten the factory trigger it will shoot better.....

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I got another one.
    As much as I love to tinker with my guns, I can't agree with you more. I play around with all the cosmetic stuff but never touch the trigger mechanism short of changing one OEM connector for another. Even then I'm reluctant to do it.

I don't understand these folks doing $.25 trigger jobs and all sorts of WECSOG type work. As Troubleshooter said, improve your technique not rely on jury-rigged engineering to compensate.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Why can't these people just man up and admit they cannot work on guns ??
    I'm sure there is something they are good at, so who cares. I got a good friend who is a mechanic. He does all my vehicle work, at the shop where he works, and I pay the bill. Why? Because I work on guns, not cars.Sure, I can do some things on vehicles, but they are not my strong suit. So I pay the professional to do it. Just like calling the plumber. I can do some plumbing, and I'm not bad at it, but I live in a 70yr old house. Most projects turn from minor into major when you start tearing into old plumbing. I call the pros, they have all the right tools, and do it all the time.
    There's nothing shameful about admitting you're not good at something, as we're all good at something, but not the same things.
    Most of these people will deny doing anything, when I have seen the evidence that they did.
    Fucking pisses me off.
    Ok, take another drink, stop ranting.

rotflmao