Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Pet Peeves

My list of pet peeves is lengthy but I'm trying to pare them down a bit.

My current ones are:

People who eat loudly. Smacking gums, slurping noises, chewing and the dreaded scraping of the teeth across the fork all drive me batty.

People who "don't swear" but then use durn and fracking. If you are going to swear...then swear. If you aren't going to swear, then don't swear. But don't say you don't swear and try to look cool by saying "fookin" or some other retarded variation. If you sign on to not swearing you sign on to using other adjectives.

People who make the simplest task as complex as possible. Some folks just have a knack for making a 5 minute job into 4 hours, 100 phone calls, a trip to the store and several new website memberships.

People who run trite internet statements into the ground. "You owe me a new keyboard" is no longer original, cute or witty. "I see what you did there" is also worn out. It's akin to putting on a shitty Jerry Seinfeld accent and saying "why do people wear socks?" It's not cutting edge comedy and neither is typing "shit just got real".

Yours?
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Damn cell phones ringing in public places. Gun stores, restaurants, doctor offices, dmv, etc. I want quiet when I am fondling potentially new guns.

Damn pants hanging down to ones knees. Unless you are a model or close to it, your butt crack ain't pretty, I don't want to see it. Or your underwear. Attention Wal Mart shoppers.

The bung hole burglar that ALWAYS says he shot his deer at 4-500 yards. Dude, you are a liar, or you need to start hunting and get closer. And oh yeh, it ain't 300 yards from here to the damn mailbox, its 200 feet. Buy a range finder.

The guy that bitches about store bought water. Man, I don't use that "purified" water, it tastes like crap. I only use the "spring" water. It tastes much better. And the store brand is just plain nasty. You moron, its the same stuff. Its tap water run through a UV system, or best case, RO. (my SIL)

The guy that thinks he can cook barbeque better than you know who.

And the list could go on.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

People who don't use turn signals or have no sense of purpose when driving 5 mph under the speed limit.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

A man's word is his bond. I hate people that never seem to remember what they promised when they needed you. I know a certain KINGCHIP that is still having to deal with me because he did not respect his word.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I would like to make an addition to the fourth category of pet peeves I originally listed.

It's called a sandwich. It is not a sammich . You are neither funny, clever or cool when you type this. If you were preparing to type this "word" please go kick yourself in the nuts.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

People that ask me how many people I killed when I was in Iraq. The answer is "enough", rudeass. HOWEVER, ask me again and I am more than willing to add you to my body count.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

The driving one is a big one for me, I love to speed, our brilliant leaders made the speed limit and these shitbags won't even do it.

These stupid asses that want to talk like other stupid asses because they think its cool.

Know-it-alls.....if you know it then good, if you don't then shut the FARK up.(Fark was for Stig)

How about this one, I know a guy that did just what you did but better.--nut kicker.

.........I just got myself all worked up, I need a break.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Rude people in general.
    People who are always late.
    Manipulative people.
    Know-it-alls.
    People who want you to do something they would not do themselves
    People who think that saying "I'm sorry" is an acceptable excuse. Usually has no feeing or remorse to it but you are supposed to let it slide. Kind of like a person saying "I'm Sorry. I was drunk at the time"
    Wow, I guess most politicians fall into the above categories.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    People that ask me how many people I killed when I was in Iraq. The answer is "enough", rudeass. HOWEVER, ask me again and I am more than willing to add you to my body count.
    I get that a lot too, so I give them an outrageous number, then they think I am full of shit and stop asking.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Izzy and RedJohn, went through that crap when I got back from Nam. I shut them up quickly with the folowing, " I would have killed more but I was surrounded and they killed me". The dumbass look you get is priceless. It also ends the conversation.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.