Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to you is "off limits" for scavenging and why?

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I was hoping to "borrow" 3-4 beans. The last ones I traded for didn't grow into a giant beanstalk and lead to a giants castle as promised.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    What is off limits to me? I have stated here before I think the common every day human living their day to day life is lost in a world of their own, and therefore a fool to what is right in front of them. My wife has a friend who lives in AL, who lives day to day off of the Government, and fully believing the check is OWED to them, and will always be there. My wife has tried to tell her to at least when they get their food stamps to put back some canned goods for a rainy day. She thinks that's a stupid idea, even though when a tornado came through a few years ago and left them with no power for a week, they thought it more important to charge their cellphone from their car battery and drained it, than to have a working car to go get groceries. They told us the gov. Would get them food. I think if things go bad, people like this will get what they deserve. They will wait around for the gov. to help them and they will die with their hand out. They don't want to do the work, they just want to show up after the work is done and reap the rewards. In post SHTF, these people will be gone, and the ones who have done the work and prepared will survive, but for how long? Stored food and water will only last so long, then it too will run out. If you don't have a plan in place to replace what you use, you lose. Some people will only have one plan in place, eat their peas, look at the empty can, then come to try and take yours. I for one will not hesitate to shoot you multiple times if you try. I have planned ahead and stocked up on peas, and so should have you, it's not my fault if you didn't. And when it comes to protecting my family, yes, I will steal from a church to keep them alive if I have to. Yes, I will come and try to steal from you if I have to to keep them alive, as I feel you would do the same to me to keep your family alive. The days of one big happy family will have gone, and it will be survival of the fittest. The days of might equals right will have returned. Does this make me a bad person, maybe so, maybe not. Will I try to help others if I can, I would like to think I would, but until that time comes, I can't tell you for sure. You can't open your doors to everyone!

Do you have a robot?
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    What ever is necessary for survival, except i would not harm a INNOCENT person to survive.
    When it comes to scavenging I agree it has been abandoned so it is free game. I think the big problem is just what this SHTF situation is. If the population is pretty much what it is today then things will go fast. If on the other hand there was something like a CME or EMP that would isolate things so the general population will not be on the move in their vehicles.

For pretty much all my life I have hunted to bad guys so I have a pretty good read on people. It is for this reason my times I do not play well with others. I am very choosey who I associate with and this select group of people is who I will depend upon. We all work well together and there is a bond of trust we have which in problem times will aid our survival. Family as well as friends are all self-sufficient in one way or other. However supplies will eventually run out and things will have to be replaced. I live in an area where the growing season is long, we can get two or three crops, no snow. Livestock is plentiful, yes I know people will want to protect theirs, we have access to a large cattle ranch. The big thing is living in rural areas it is the others coming into our area we worry about.

So where would people scavenge? I would think it would be the cities rather than the rural area. This would be for things other than food because I would think food would go really quick in the cities, so this would be the other supplies. It’s funny since it would be the city people who would be looking outward for their supplies.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but most people in the country keep gardens, many keep animals. Midnight raids of the pea patch or the chicken coop might be tempting, but one must remember, that most country folk are also Firearms owners, and hunters, etc.

And, really don't appreciate trespassers.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Yep, it's one of the reasons I have suppressors, and night vision.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

For the Love of Cats

As do they...

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Yep, it's one of the reasons I have suppressors, and night vision.
    Ditto
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    As do they...
    ditto

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    As do they...
    Hoping for thermal one day
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

That be cool, although it would be completely useless against my last ex-girlfriend.

She was a complete cold hearted bitch.

lol