Thread: What to you is "off limits" for scavenging and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    So far Helo, Illi, and Keep all three make good and valid points. Do what you have to but don't go too far. But what is too far. How do you define an "innocent". Just because the are good today because the have a full belly doesn't mean in 5 days time they might not think twice about ripping out your throat just to get your three cans of peas. At what point does the moral delema come into play? Does anyone of us civilians really know what we are capable of. And personally speaking here to any military members, as a civilian I have no idea what might have happened in your past in any conflict you may have been involved in, and I am in no way critizing any thing you may have had to do to survive. In my opinion any military member is a true "American Hero" and should never be questioned about their past. But for those of us who have never seen the field of battle, I don't think it's fair to point fingers in ANY direction until we ourselves have truly made a mental decision as to how far we are willing to go to survive. And going beyond that, how far are you willing to go to protect you wife, husband, family. Remember just because you are passionate about protecting yourself and family, your neighbor who you were close to, had BBQs with, shared birthdays, events, good times with, is just as equally passionate about saving his family. Just because we have prepped, and even though we try to teach them, they don't always listen, and will want our peas...and if nothing else is learned here today...don't fuck with another mans peas...you won't like what you get!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    "INNOCENT person" goes to fair game when he defends his property against someone like you "salvaging"

after the true innocent people - that can't defend themselves - die off because they were "salvaged" out of existence .... there'll only be the "salvaging" people and the people with morals & ethics prepared to live and DEFEND themselves .....
    You are assuming I would steal from someone. Salvaging means the person is gone or dead. I would not take something from someone unless they tried to take from me first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    So far Helo, Illi, and Keep all three make good and valid points. Do what you have to but don't go too far. But what is too far. How do you define an "innocent". Just because the are good today because the have a full belly doesn't mean in 5 days time they might not think twice about ripping out your throat just to get your three cans of peas. At what point does the moral delema come into play? Does anyone of us civilians really know what we are capable of. And personally speaking here to any military members, as a civilian I have no idea what might have happened in your past in any conflict you may have been involved in, and I am in no way critizing any thing you may have had to do to survive. In my opinion any military member is a true "American Hero" and should never be questioned about their past. But for those of us who have never seen the field of battle, I don't think it's fair to point fingers in ANY direction until we ourselves have truly made a mental decision as to how far we are willing to go to survive. And going beyond that, how far are you willing to go to protect you wife, husband, family. Remember just because you are passionate about protecting yourself and family, your neighbor who you were close to, had BBQs with, shared birthdays, events, good times with, is just as equally passionate about saving his family. Just because we have prepped, and even though we try to teach them, they don't always listen, and will want our peas...and if nothing else is learned here today...don't fuck with another mans peas...you won't like what you get!
    During a real shtf even anyone caught on my property will be dealt with. I will let you figure out what that means. Now away from my house I will not steal or kill from good people to survive. As far as knowing who is good and who is bad, well I will have to trust my gut.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson