Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pimp my trailer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

If you don't get gold rims with "spinnaz" you're only hurting yourself. It's urban camo. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

A lot of trailers I have seen around here have welded mounts for the axle. Gotta have the right skills and tools to make an axle move safely. Doable but more involved.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I removed the old plywood. The mesh is decent, but I'm gogin to drop a wood deck on it.

Took my angle grinder and dispatched of all the horrid rust spots.
    Sanded, primed, and first coat of paint on:
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

How does your gate lock in place? I looked back but didn't see a pic of that. My step dad has a similar trailer, maybe a little longer. I borrowed it to haul some 12' and 14' lumber on and made some cables and cable clamps to hold the gate horizontal to the bed. Gave me an extra 3-4' to support the boards. Cost me maybe $10-12.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    How does your gate lock in place? I looked back but didn't see a pic of that. My step dad has a similar trailer, maybe a little longer. I borrowed it to haul some 12' and 14' lumber on and made some cables and cable clamps to hold the gate horizontal to the bed. Gave me an extra 3-4' to support the boards. Cost me maybe $10-12.
    It has some funky u-shaped rods that slide into lock it up. I'm not a fan, but again, I can't complain about free.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do you have a robot?
    The one we have has some spring loaded ell bolts which go into place. Not a good description. Okay on the drop down gate there is a welded bracket which holds a spring loaded ell shaped rod. This acts as a handle to pull the spring loaded portion back to engage it with the frame of the trailer to hold it closed. There is one on each side of the ramp. Hope that helps
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.