Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My actual EDC

The source of all known trouble in the universe

My actual EDC

Where I live, right now, I am pretty limited in what I can carry. Of course, I am not following the letter of the law and got into troubles a couple of times with confiscation of a couple items.

My left jean pocket contains my change, of course, and the back right my wallet. In the back left one, I carry a small phone with a free monthly charge. It allows me 2 hours of connection per month, but it is only there if I loose or brake the main one. In my font right pocket, I have a space pen, a police whistle and a Gerber combat folding knife. I also carry a small asp in my belt.

In my car, there is a baseball bat, and a minimum of 3 1.5 litters water bottles. It is very limited, because I seldom use my car.

Of course, I would love to carry a weapon, at least my SW Bodyguard .380, but I cannot do this here.

What about everybody else?
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Depending on what I'm doing, I have a minimum loadout of my flashlight, swiss army knife, and Sig 938 with extra mag.

If I actually leave the house, my EDC changes considerably. Normally, I add a Glock 17, 2 extra mags, SOG or Benchmade folder, and a multitool.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

My EDC varies with weather and where I might go during my day
    Choice or combo of G26, G27, G29sf, G30sf, G42 or SR1911 and xtra mag(s) in a M-TAC
    Smart Phone, keys, mini Bic lighter, BSA ferro rod, Leatherman and Surefire G2 in a Ripoff holster, Firefly II, Photon II microlight, $100 cash, $2.50 change, a comb, wallet, CRKT M16-10, Victorinox Executive, pill bottle, eyedrops, small purell, pen
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

My everyday carry is way lighter than most I guess. I carry a Kahr CW40 and a kershaw knife.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

Wallet with some extra cash stashed. Keys, either my Kershaw Leek or a Boker folder, Surefire G-2 or Olympia RG-260 flashlight, Bic or a Bic mini lighter, Galaxy S5 phone, zebra F-701 pen, Small pocket Rite in the rain notebook, bandana, Casio G-Shock solar powered watch, and safety sunglasses if outside. That's pretty much it for my work EDC. Firearms are banned from the site.

Otherwise add in either a Sig RS290, or Glock26 and a spare mag.

I also keep around 5 liters of water in a cooler in my daily driver, along with a GHB, extra knives and bandanas, gloves, and toboggan.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 09-02-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Now when I drive to work I carry quite a bit. My SKS with about 500 rounds of ammo, sig 229, kahr 40, highpoint C-9, kershaw knife, all my karate weapons ( sai, nunchukas, bo, comas, tonfas) lots of water, extra mags and ammo for each pistol, compass, fire starter. Depending on weather blankets, hand held GPS, 2 stream light flashlights, food.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I drive a company vehicle that the insurance company forbids weapons in, (my boss doesn't care, but the insurance co does) I carry my full GHB minus my G19 and 5 spare mags. On body, I carry an M&P knife, wallet, 2 iPhones, asp pepper spray. In vehicle, I have water, SOG fast hawk, a 4 foot oak 2inch dowel that I use for "reaching stuff" at work, or at least that's my story.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have a robot?
    My EDC changes a lot to but my base is a folding knife CRKT M-16 or similar, The Wilderness money belt with $250. Wallet with extra cash, usually $250, cellphone, keys which have P-51. I generally carry a M&P Shield or a full-size M&P all in 9mm.

In my truck I have a locking toolbox which I carry all my GHB equipment. I carry everything I need to get me through whatever I have thought of, however I was driving home from a trip with the family recently and decided I will be adding some sort of folding cart. A cart will allow me to carry everything from the truck I need.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

may be in trouble

I'm minded of a story of Pecos Bill, when he went to lasso a tornado to ride. Apparantly, before he jumped off of Widow Maker to mount the cyclone, he checked that he had his sixgun, a bowie knife, and a 20 dollar gold piece stowed. "Well, when I land, wherever that is, if I'm alive, if I got these, I'll be alright."

Administrator

Generally out of work It's my Note 4, wallet, my Distinguished Gentleman patch, pocket knife, cree pocket flashlight, holster and Glock 36. Haven't found a good belt yet that will allow me to do a mag holster with an extra mag.

Medkit, anitbacterial wipes, shemagh, extra shirt, socks, in the edc bag.

GHB bag has a few bottles of water, 2 mres, natches, multitool, rope,whistle, emergency foil blankets, purification tabs,tarp, canteen and metal cup, another magazine for the Glock.

When winter comes, I keep an additional container with a pair of broken in boots, extra socks, gloves, shirt, beanie, hoodie, and a surplus mil wool blanket.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.