Thread: The Big, Bad, Holy, Mighty Icom 706 Mk II G

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Fatty.

When we are not busy I let the foreman know how to get ahold of me by my cell number and retire to a selected spot out back where I have a forty foot piece of wire hung and carefully hidden. I uncoil the wire and attach it to the telescoping antenna of my shortwave set....and tune in the SSB ham bands. Sometimes I copy Morse Code to keep up my skills. Other times I look for my friend out in Tennessee..and or also scan the shortwave bands for news and information not covered here by the stateside MSM.

I listened to shortwave for years before I got my ham ticket and never quite gave up the hobby.
    I do the same from time to time on my HF rigs at home...copy the shortwave bands....and foreign stations when the transmit in English.

I keep my Tecsun 660 shortwave set with me at work and also spare batteries. I have another right here next to the computer desk.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H9C4JK...&pd_rd_w=LmvI5

Thanks,
    Orangetom

I'm thinking down the road to getting one of those Yaesu FT 857 d rigs...

I was quite surprised as I have the FT 100 d in my truck. I did not think they could make an HF/VHF/UHF rig smaller then the FT 100 and by golly they did just that.

It is not a priority but am looking in this direction. Other items by which to take care of them before another HF/VHF/UHF rig.

Thanks,
    Orangetom