Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ink Pens

Crotch Rocket

Ink Pens

Pens. I've always needed one for work, and carried a Parker Jotter in my uniform shirt pocket for years. They look good and write well, but they certainly aren't very durable. Especially now that I wear a tshirt and jeans. So, for the past little while I've been looking for a replacement worthy of EDC status, and just placed an order for a Smith & Wesson pen about 20 minutes ago.

I could have carried on with a Bic, but figured its as indispensable a tool as a knife, and therefore worthy of an upgrade. I don't think we've ever talked about this here, so do any of you feel the same way? What are the rest of you carrying on a daily basis?

Please, someone else chime in. Lol. I can't be the only one with this fetish!

Pics and a review to come.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

you're sick!

Sick, sick, sick.

lol

I don't usually carry pens, cause I end up with broken pens and ink everywhere... but I have a dozen or so in my desk, the same in my truck, double that in the garage, and a hundred times that in the house. Any time I am somewhere where they are giving away pens, I aways snag a few (insurance companies, travel agents, etc) I also have a selection of 'nice' ones some boxed sets, and...

Yeah, My name is Sniper-T and I am a pen-aholic!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I really like the surefire pens. They're proud of them, but they're pretty cool.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    http://www.zebrapen.com/product/f-30...-ball-point-2/

Affordable, ink last a good while... works a treat. Filled out many a report with one.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I am sorry but I only use Parker Pens since they offer the greatest reliability. You can always replace the ink internal pen to save the outer casing. And I prefer the solid steel pen not the upper half plastic version. mitunnelrat in my mind you have always had the most durable pen out the for the cost.

I'll most likely shit myself

I have used them for a while in the past. They work well and would be my Second choice. I just like the F701 better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    http://www.zebrapen.com/product/f-30...-ball-point-2/

Affordable, ink last a good while... works a treat. Filled out many a report with one.

EB

Crotch Rocket

I don't entirely disagree, Vodin, but even with the full stainless pen I've had past breakage (I am a master at that though) and several times now have had the mechanics fail. I think a one piece metal pen with a cap, bought once, will end up a better value in less replacement cost over time.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Administrator

Ive gone through all types of pens. Space pens to parkers. Seems the nicer ones always get lost and the cheapos stay by my side forever. Generally I stay with a .07mm rolling ball pen. It always writes nice for me.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Do you have a robot?
    I have used a S&W pen for the past six years and it works well. It is just one facet of plan B. There are some out there which will blend in better and I may go to them. I do not like the fact Smith and Wesson is on the clip and is easy to see if it were to be in my front pocket.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Crotch Rocket

I personally find always carrying my two best friends to be somewhat comforting
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!