Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disposable Emergency Tent

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleShooter View Post
    I don't know bobthe, but I think you might be wrong....The emergency blanket I have has small air spaces, I haven't conducted any tests but I believe most insulating factors rely on airspace/pockets to enhance..........Example, my welding gloves protect well from radiant and wind, they also protect me from the conducting of heat while I hold hot metal, whereas my brown jersey gloves will transfer the heat ASAP , insulation will slow the conducting process down both direction.......
    huh. ive never seen emergency blankets that had actual insulation built in. the only thing ive ever seen sold as an emergency blanket is nothing more than an aluminized mylar sheet thats been folded up for easy storage.

if your blanket is more like aluminized bubblewrap then yes. it will still provide insulation when on the ground. if its nothing more than aluminized plastic film, then it wont provide any insulation worthy of note when placed in direct contact with the ground.

The hot sexy one

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe View Post
    huh. ive never seen emergency blankets that had actual insulation built in. the only thing ive ever seen sold as an emergency blanket is nothing more than an aluminized mylar sheet thats been folded up for easy storage.

if your blanket is more like aluminized bubblewrap then yes. it will still provide insulation when on the ground. if its nothing more than aluminized plastic film, then it wont provide any insulation worthy of note when placed in direct contact with the ground.
    Space All-Weather Blanket at REI.com
    This reinforced fabric blanket reflects 80% of radiated body heat back to you. Use for warmth under a tent, bivy sack or for emergencies. Compact size makes it ideal in a day pack for emergencies, or as part of an emergency kit in your car or home. Made of layered polyethylene film, aluminum and Astrolar reinforcing fabric.
    Made in USA.